Meeting took place at Compeaus on 10/17/2018 at 7:00pm. The building was locked so we hung around outside until a worker came by to unlock the door. The meeting officially started at 7:30pm. 19 members were present. (This included board members John, Steve, & Dan). 8 members renewed tonight.
Finance report: Expenses; Winter Show booth rental $325. New income; $525 (from new and renew memberships). Business account total; $2675. Total for all accounts; $4869
• Need to fill up the ride calendar and have ride leaders
• Looking for a newsletter editor. That person would gather pictures and information from the ride leaders and use Microsoft Publisher to generate a quarterly letter.
• Dan gave a summary on the ATV ride to the Canwell Glacier in July, and Steve gave a summary of the ATV ride to the Delta Junction (granites) in August.
The raffle prizes from the Winter show were awarded tonight. You had to be present to claim them. A Polaris helmet and a light weight backpacking stove were handed out.
An Avalanche class is being planned to be held sometime in February or March 2019. This will be a two-day class with the first day being inside and the second day being held outside. There will be no charge to current Fairbanks Snow Traveler members.
The Bonnifield trail and bridge construction may start back up. There are currently two bridges stored at Blair Lakes that have been there for over two years, waiting for Military approval.
A discussion was held on what rides the members would like to see happen this year. Some of the ideas brought forward were; Monderosa (Sweetheart) run, Alpine Lodge, Angle Creak, Stampede trail, Dunkel Mine, White mountains (Windy Gap), Deadman Lake, and Trek over the Top.
Upcoming rides & events:
• Nov 1st 6:00pm. Board meeting at Denny’s
• Nov 10th 9:00am. Cleary Summit trail ride (dependent on snow). Meet at Hill Top restaurant for breakfast.
• Nov 17th 9:00am. MacKay Creek ride. Meet at Chatanika lodge for breakfast.
• Nov 21st 7:00pm. General Membership at the Outpost.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm
Minutes from the Board and General membership meetings.
1 post • Page 1 of 1