McClaren Trip

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

rocketdoc637

McClaren Trip

#1 Post by rocketdoc637 »

Are people headed down Friday night or Sat morning? Is there anyone that paid that may be backing out? I have a friend that would like to go? Please let me know if there is an extra spot or a vacancy. 907 347-1187 or 488-1515. If no openings available I am traveling alone so could buddy up with someone to save on fuel.

Charlie

paulneva

Re: McClaren Trip

#2 Post by paulneva »

We are loading Friday and driving down on Saturday. We have three machines on a four-place trailer. My son is doing the driving. I'll ask him if he is interested in offering that fourth space to you.

As for going with your friend, he can always call Maclaren Lodge and ask if they have room for him. In the past they have always had room for a few more.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

aurora_hunter

#3 Post by aurora_hunter »

I just emailed Alan at the lodge about the latest snow condition between Paxon and the McLaren Lodge and following is reply I got. Seems like they got some drifts on the way to the lodge but not too bad.

NK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naoki,

We are hoping that the groomer will be going by the time you come in, but if it’s not here is what you can expect. The trail is in good shape to 8 mile then you have a few drifts right at 8 mile. There is a large side-hill drift at 11 mile, and then some drifts at the top of 13 mile. The trail runs alongside of the road for a couple of miles where the snow is very thin on the road. At 20 mile there are some drifts and then around 30 mile you have some drifting.

None of these drift are going to give you much trouble, just slow down and you will be in good shape.

Alan

Opie

#4 Post by Opie »

My weekend cleared, and I called/emailed Susie at the lodge who graciously made room for us, so I will be joining everyone with my 14yo son. Looking forward to it. We will be driving down Saturday morning. I'll be in the greay 97 Ford Crew Cab truck with the topper. :supperhappy:

James Shill

mmaynard

#5 Post by mmaynard »

I just called the lodge and they said the temps are warming and they made room for me to bring along my step son. There will be three in our party and we will be going down Friday nite and spending the night at Paxon lodge. Are we still meeting at 9am, and as I've never been on this ride, about what time do we head out?

Mike

REVITUP

#6 Post by REVITUP »

We will also be driving down saturday morning. The plan is to meet up at Paxson Lodge at 9 a.m. (give or take a little for road conditions) and will ride from there once everyone is ready to go. I am hoping for temps at least in the teens and some sunshine!! :thumbleft:

REVITUP

#7 Post by REVITUP »

Woohoo, what a ride!! We certainly made up for the lack of snow on the road in after we got on (off) the Glacier Trail. Pictures coming!

Opie

#8 Post by Opie »

Great ride. Thanks to everyone who put this together. Look forward to next year.

James and Andrew