Cantwell Feb 12th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

irshpryd40

Re: Cantwell Feb 12th

#16 Post by irshpryd40 »

Thanks it was a good Birth Day. Hope yours was good too.

Well we went down and it was a nice warm day. They didnt get the snow they said they had when I called down. I think they just wanted the business lol. We rode all day. Made our way back to Dunkel Mine and the river was well thawing out. There was a spot about the size of a football field that was open water so we had to skirt it to the left and stay on the gas. When we got back to the mine area the hills were all wind blown and the snow was crusty. Some of the snow had slid down the sides of the bigger hills.

Evan now knows how to get to the mine area. I do believe that break up is comming quick. Healy had 40 degree wweather and no snow on the ground. The Nenana river at Nenana was thawing as well. Not sure how they are going to get the tri pod out there. but if you picked early march you have a good chance at winning. By this weekend it will be real hard to get back to the mine area so not sure how the rest of the season will play out. We need snow and some colder temps to keep this season alive for another month or 2.