Feb 6th and 7th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

irshpryd40

Re: Feb 6th and 7th

#16 Post by irshpryd40 »

John,
Alright. We are leaving here (NP) around 6 a.m. There will be 3 of us all with mountain sleds. So deep snow will not be a problem. Just have to figure out which building the cafe is. Of all the times I have been down there I have never seen the cafe.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Post by john »

Killer Smoke is easy to find, it's next door (to the south) of the gas station (Tesoro I think) at the corner of Parks and Denali Hwy, west side of the road.

evan_d

#18 Post by evan_d »

looking for someone to carpool with saturday.

322-3235

Evan

john
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Post by john »

Decision is in. The motorhome won't be ready :problem:

So I'll be staying at the Backwoods Lodge, Rm #10 Friday and Saturday night.

Plan to leave Killer Smoke Cafe between 9:00 and 9:30 (Saturday Morning) and drive down to 165 Mile.

They open at 8:00 so I plan to be there at 8:00 for breakfast.

You can email me before 3:00 PM tomorrow, or call me at Backwoods if need be.

If your late, look for my rig, Aqua colored dually GMC with only one rear tire set on.

As I said, the pull is around 165 Mile Parks, but I'm not 100% sure if that's exact, but its close. On the east side of the hwy you should see tracks, that'll be us "thumbright:

dirtyrice

#20 Post by dirtyrice »

Hey, just remembered the start of the Yukon Quest is on Saturday. We've been planning on going to it since we skipped the last start in 2008 because it was -35 that day.

So if anyone wants to go on Sunday I'm up for Cantwell, but its also the Superbowl so I don't know if anyone is going to be up for riding that day.

Personally I don't really care for the teams in the Superbowl, and I just put a new track on my sled and I am dying to ride it!

Call me if you want to carpool down on Sunday 750-5500

-Ken

john
Administrator
Administrator

#21 Post by john »

Hey Ken,

Tyler and I will still be there Sunday, know what time you'd come down ? You can call be at Backwoods Lodge.

Maybe we can get together at the cafe and see about riding for the morning. I'll probable want to head back to town by 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

evan_d

#22 Post by evan_d »

i'm coming down tomorrow alone and probably sunday with ken. Still need someone to carpool with tomorrow if possible.
Thanks
Evan
322-3235

dirtyrice

#23 Post by dirtyrice »

john wrote:Hey Ken,

Tyler and I will still be there Sunday, know what time you'd come down ? You can call be at Backwoods Lodge.

Maybe we can get together at the cafe and see about riding for the morning. I'll probable want to head back to town by 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

Evan and I are going to have to hammer out details for Sunday but since its just a day trip I personally like to maximize the time in the saddle for the day. I wouldn't have a problem making it down there by 9 ready to ride, possibly earlier for breakfast if Evan wants to but I won't speak for him since we haven't figured details out yet.

I'll call down to the lodge Saturday night and give you a heads up on our game plan for Sunday.

-Ken

john
Administrator
Administrator

#24 Post by john »

Sunday was a bust, after Saturday,Evan decided not to come down Sunday and I don't blame him..

I drove out toward the parking area where the road maintenance ends for the Denali Hwy, not pretty.

It did snow Saturday, maybe a 2 to 3 inches in Cantwell, not sure how it was farther down the road.

irshpryd40

#25 Post by irshpryd40 »

We went down on Sat and had a blast. We parked at the pull off just south of the Igloo. Rode the mine trail til we hit the river and headed towards Dunkel Mine again. The snow out there is great!! There is atleast 6ft of powder! It was snowing pretty heavy above the mine so next weekend will be great there. Will be heading down Friday morning if anyone is interested in going.