Unplanned Ride Sat 4/12

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

cleary

Re: new trail from 42 mile

#16 Post by cleary »

Dean Allen wrote:Thanks Chuck,
That trail idea sounds like an excellent reason to meet at the lodge one Saturday morning for breakfast. With you and Ronnie, some decent maps and a little imagination I suspect we could come up with something. Be fun to do.
Thanks
Dean
Margaret and I have wanted to check out some of the roads in that area. I believe there are a couple of old ditch maintenance access roads this side of the trail head that we might be able to use. Before summer I will get into the borough GIS and map the private property in that area.

Chuck

David

#17 Post by David »

I'v been watching the comments on the snow an decedied that we will try up at the 57 mile steese and just get a few miles logged this Sunday if anyone wants to meets us at the us road entrance and ride a little if ypou don't want to go by yourself its a good oportunity.
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

john
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Post by john »

That's Nome creek. Should be a god ride assuming the wind hasn't blown everything away......

If you change your mind we'll be at Chatanika at 9:00 and heading out from there (after I eat) :)

David

#19 Post by David »

Sounds good John if it looks to wind blown we may meet up with you all at the lodge and see what happens.
:devilish:
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

cleary

#20 Post by cleary »

David wrote:Sounds good John if it looks to wind blown we may meet up with you all at the lodge and see what happens.
:devilish:
Margaret and I drove up to mile 57 last Friday for a look. The US Creek Road had a good base and with all the snow we received since then I suspect the riding up there will be excellent. We haven't had any significant wind since then so it should be fine. It's snowing here on Cleary Summit right now. Unless something unexpected comes up I'll be joining you guys tomorrow John.

Chuck

rocketdoc637

#21 Post by rocketdoc637 »

As much as I WANT to ride tomorrow I can't make it. Trying to finish up a bathroom remodel and it needs to get done this weekend. I hope you all have a great day.

Charlie