Ivory Jacks - Chat March 31

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Shane

Ivory Jacks - Chat March 31

#1 Post by Shane »

We are going to move the starting point from Ivory Jack's to 3 mile Murphey Dome road which is just down Sheep Creek road.
Go past UAF to Sheep Creek road, drive 8 miles or so and on the left is Murphey Dome road. There is a large gravel pit on the right side of the road at 3 miles and that will be the meeting spot. Snow conditions should be much better as there is less riding along the road. I believe it is 30 miles to Chat from the gravel pit.
See you next weekend, pray for snow and plus 20's. :D

OPA

#2 Post by OPA »

9:00 am still :?:

Opa
Opa of Triplets

Shane

#3 Post by Shane »

9 a.m. sounds good to me. I don't want to make to many changes.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

9:00 AM was the calendar schedule time, so Yeah.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

:singing:

Tomorrow's Temps

High: 36 °F RealFeel®: 35 °F - Plenty of sunshine

:bow:

cleary

#6 Post by cleary »

I just got back from grooming the trail from Cleary Summit to Chatanika. I groomed from the Summit to the end of the ridge above the Davidson Ditch where I met Ronnie from the Lodge and his groomer. It's as smooth as a baby's behind. Last week we rode from the Summit down the Alpha C Site trail to Fish Creek and back up the FE Power line Trail. Both trails are great. Fish Creek is completely frozen over and is no challenge at all.

I talked to DOT Maintenance today and they won't be plowing the Fairbanks Creek Road for at least two weeks. Riding up here is good.

What route are you going to take tomorrow. I assume you will go to Chatanika via the Old Murphy Dome Road to the Pipeline and then down into the Chatanika Valley and up the valley to the lodge. Are you going to return that way or make a loop out of it?

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

I believe your right on the route there, not sure about the return, Shane is leading the group today.