Summer Ride Ideas

Summer time is for ATV riding and trail work. Post your thoughts, trail maintenance wants and any summer rides here

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Summer Ride Ideas

#1 Post by john »

I know its early, but what do you all to do for some ATV rides ?

I would like to check out Standard Creek when the snow melts off.

Looks like some nice trails that take off of it and head to ?? Anyone ATVed down there :?:

Darrell

#2 Post by Darrell »

I have snowmachine from Murply dome road over to standard creek wood cutting road but there is a creek in there and I wonder about getting the 4 wheeler thru after break up? Have you ever run that new trail off nome ck ?
Seen any bear yet ?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

I've seen a lot of bear hunters. Margaret while walking on the Fairbanks Creek Road talked to some folks who saw bear tracks at the Circle Trail,Trail-head.

We drove into Nome Creek last Sunday. The U.S. Creek Road has been plowed from the Steese to the Nome Creek Valley. Nome Creek is glaciered to the top of the bridge and the water is running over the road from the bridge to the outhouse. Its about six inches deep and we drove through it. The Ophir Creek road is blocked in the first 100 yards by a glacier. The Mt. Prindle Road is blocked in the first 100 yards by a small gully. Both could probably be navigated on a 4-wheeler but I didn't want to try it with my 1 Ton.

The re-route of the Quartz Creek Trail is great. We rode it last summer and it is a vast improvement over that section of the trail. It will probably be into June before it is open because of snow drifts.

Here's a map of the Quartz Creek Trail. The blue track is the Quartz Creek Trail including the re-route. The red track is the old section of the trail that is by-passed by the re-route.

For pictures go to my website: www.clearysummit.com and click on "Quartz Creek Trail".

Chuck

[albumimg]1154[/albumimg]

cleary

Re: Summer Ride Ideas

#4 Post by cleary »

john wrote:I know its early, but what do you all to do for some ATV rides ?
Margaret and I rode the Circle Trail/Chatanika Trail to Champagne Rock yesterday. Pretty soft in places, we should probably stay off it for a week or two.

I know of a lot of trails and some pretty neat loops we can ride along the Steese, including Nome Creek, Sourdough Creek, Faith Creek and Montana Creek. We might want to check out the McKay Creek Trail and see if we could find our way off it into Belle Creek and a route back to the Chatanika Lodge for snowmobiling that you were talking about John.

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

I'm game Chuck. Explore some new trails and maybe open them up a bit for sledding next season.. My kind of fun :)

Summit800

#6 Post by Summit800 »

John, I have ran the trail from the bottom of Cache Creek Road that runs into Stanard Creek. Its been about 10 years, but it was a real good trail then, only about 5 or 6 miles though

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

I was thinking about running Standard Creek. Been cutting wood back there and it seems to be some good trails that run off of it and some areas worth exploring.

I know Standard Creek goes back 30 miles or so.

Don Lowell

#8 Post by Don Lowell »

I'm all set to go where-ever, just post the day, where to meet and time!
Thanks,
Don :lol:

cleary

#9 Post by cleary »

Don Lowell wrote:I'm all set to go where-ever, just post the day, where to meet and time!
Thanks,
Don :lol:
Don,

Some of us riding out the Circle Trail Thursday to try and retrieve an instrument package from a balloon launch. We are meeting here at our place at 9:30. It will be about a 50 mile round trip and will be muddy. Your welcome to join us.

Chuck