2 February

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Shane

#16 Post by Shane »

:? Well lets have a ride even if it is a short one. It is -14 in north pole but -9 in town and hopfully it is warmer in the hills.

see you at 9am at Ivory's

JDPLWITT

#17 Post by JDPLWITT »

See you there. I need to get out.

Jeff
Jeffrey

"From the North will come a hunter who will strike fear into the hearts of its prey"

Shane

#18 Post by Shane »

The ride went well with 3 folks showing up at Ivorys. It was -10 when we left the parking lot and followed the same route as last years ride. I tried to change things up on the way back but the trail was overgrown and I felt bad about the willows scraping everyone machines up so we returned the same way we came. The trail was in great shape (accept Olnes Pond to Chat) but more snow would really help. The state punched in a HUGE and UGLY fire break from Spinch Creek road to Old Muphy Dome road. Hopefully next winter the state will burn the wind rows and make the country side look alittle better. A developer is to putting a new subdivison (MoonLight?) right were the trail takes off from Spinach Creek and Moose Mtn road. I am going to e-mail Tom Hancock at the borough about this trail as this is 1 of only 2 trails left that connect Goldstream Valley to Old Murphy Dome Road. I hope the developer is going to re-route the trail and I will post any news.