January 26th ??

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

January 26th ??

#1 Post by john »

Dean is going to be out of town, so we need another ride suggestion .......

JDPLWITT

#2 Post by JDPLWITT »

Reschedule the Flats Ride we cancelled from last wekeend?
Jeffrey

"From the North will come a hunter who will strike fear into the hearts of its prey"

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Good idea.

Anyone else ? If I don't hear any nay's on this I make the change to the ride by Sunday.

usaof1_army

#4 Post by usaof1_army »

Sounds good to me too. I know a friend and I were looking forward to that ride. Good idea
Live for today, dream for tomorrow, but never dwell on the past. Life is way to short

paulneva

#5 Post by paulneva »

At tonight's meeting I was planning on offering to lead a Flats ride or a ride to Skinny's on the 26th.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

David

#6 Post by David »

Paul I would be interested in the flats ride on the 26th,not to much for the skinny ride but if its warn enough i would go on the flats with you.
Dave

paulneva

#7 Post by paulneva »

I was at Compeau's today and talked to Craig. We are OKed to use his lot on Saturday with the usual cautions: Don't block the path from the river or access to show room.

Here’s the plan. Depart at 1000 from Compeau’s. You will need a Ft. Wainwright Recreation Access permit. (If you don’t have one, they are issued free at the office at the front gate Ft. Wainwright. The only thing required is a picture ID.) We will be riding down the Chena and the Tanana Rivers and go into the Tanana Flats by way of Clear Creek. We will ride to Clear Creek Butte and lunch there. Bring your own lunch! There is no place to buy anything out there! We should be back before 4:00 pm.

The Tanana Flats is genuine wilderness. There is nothing out there. It will be a nice, easy ride, about a 50 mile round trip.

I was out there yesterday. Most of the trails were in good shape and there is finally enough snow to get off the trails.

I plan on being at Compeau's to lead a ride if anyone shows up and it is above -20. Last year we went out at -17 and generally had a good time. I don't ride below -20.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by john »

Tanana Flats it is

john
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by john »

Paul, it must be you and the Flats this year

Saturday
Mostly clear. Highs 20 to 30 below. Light winds.

larry morris

#10 Post by larry morris »

I'll never get on my machine :cry:

paulneva

#11 Post by paulneva »

Yeah, it looks bad for tomorrow. But if anyone really wants to see the Flats, I am usually looking for someone to go riding with on weekdays. And/or we can try again next year.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen