March 24th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

March 24th

#1 Post by john »

Looks like were riding in the flats Saturday. Snow conditions are such that we decided to do a local run this weekend. The flats are suppose to be in decent condition.

Folks from town are meeting at Pike's @ 9:00 - 9:15 AM and riding down the Chena to the TananaDike.

Those of us from North Pole are meeting at the 1st parking lot to your left just as you start in to the Chena Lake Rec area. Were meeting there @ 9:00 am.

The plan is to converge @ 10:00 AM at the end of south Cushman on the TananaDike. From there were crossing the Tanana and heading into the flats and Clear Creek Buttes.

This is going to be a combo day ride and GeoCcahing trip :) There's a GeoCache at the Buttes, so bring your GPS. I'll have the cache's coordinates with me along with a map.

Bring lunch :)

paulneva

#2 Post by paulneva »

That would be the Bonnifeld Trail. I haven't gone into or out of the Flats that way in years. Even in a good year, it is the roughest trail out there. Hope you all aren't dissapointed. I will try to jion you out there, but I will go in another way.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

paulneva

#3 Post by paulneva »

paulneva wrote:That would be the Bonnifeld Trail. I haven't gone into or out of the Flats that way in years. Even in a good year, it is the roughest trail out there. Hope you all aren't dissapointed. I will try to join you out there, but I will go in another way.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

Darrell

Ice road

#4 Post by Darrell »

The is in great shape. Don't forget your Army lands permit, call before you go.

Darrell

Ice road

#5 Post by Darrell »

The ice road is in great shape. Don't forget your Army lands permit, call before you go.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

The ice road is. I believe Paul was talking about the trail after we get across the ice bridge.

I just hope this snow keeps falling and then it won't matter :fluffly: