Isberg-Cripple Creek trails

Issues and concerns on land use and trail issues. Look here for recent articles related to these two concerns

Moderator: john

paulneva

Isberg-Cripple Creek trails

#1 Post by paulneva »

Borough Parks and Rec. had their first public meeting on the new trails network they are going to build out by Isberg and Cripple Creek tonight. The purpose of the meeting was to find out what the users wanted. I went because I had visions of us being blocked out by the cross-country skiers. It didn’t happen. I was one of four snowmachiners who spoke up. All four of said we transit the area both north-south and east-west, we don’t play in it. Parks and Rec. was interested in exactly where to where so they could best accommodate us. Most of the non-snowmachiners who mentioned us at all spoke kindly of the snowmachiners they encounter there. No one wanted us kept out
Paul S. Renschen

Darrell

#2 Post by Darrell »

Thanks for going to the meeting 8)

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Good to hear that there wasn't any real issues with the sledders and general participants on this one.

Be interested to see what they actual recommend / do regarding trail use designation.

paulneva

#4 Post by paulneva »

They said last night that they expect a completed Master Plan and Assembly approval next year, so we shouldn't too long a wait to find out what the final outcome will be. Of course, nothing can actually happen without additional funding. Parking lots sounded like the biggest expense.
Paul S. Renschen

paulneva

#5 Post by paulneva »

The latest news:

Paul

Greeting,

I am happy to announce that the FNSB Department of Parks and Recreation will be holding a public meeting to review the DRAFT Isberg Recreation Area Master Plan. The meeting will be held on March 19, 2007, at 5:30 PM at the Centennial Center for the Arts at Pioneer Park. This meeting will provide an opportunity for the community to review the proposed master plan and share their comments, concerns, and recommendations.

Please watch for updates at the web page at http://co.fairbanks.ak.us/ParksandRecre ... efault.htm

I hope you can take the time to attend next week’s public meeting.

See you on Monday night.

John Haas
FNSB Parks & Recreation
459-1198 or jhaas@co.fairbanks.ak.us
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

Update

#6 Post by john »

Greetings,

Thanks to all of you that took the time to come out to the public meeting last night at Pioneer Park’s Centennial Center for the Arts.

We have updated the web page to include 4 of the images / displays that we featured last night at the public meeting. Please take a moment to look over the information on the web page. You have until March 31 to submit written comments on the draft plan. We hope to hear from you.

http://co.fairbanks.ak.us/ParksandRecre ... gProjects/

John Haas
FNSB Parks & Recreation