Kenny Creek Lodge

Talk about anything at all

Moderator: john

YamahaMountain

Kenny Creek Lodge

#1 Post by YamahaMountain »

Has anyone been their? Good? Bad? Thinking of making a weekend trip their wile I'm on my RnR when I get back and was lookin for some personel info input on it other then what the site has to say.

Any info is good info,
Thanks,
Tom
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

Never stayed at the Kenney Creek Lodge, but if the snows good, your in a great place to ride down the Petersville road to Petersville area. Excellent riding but closer to AnchorTown than FB. I think its a 225 mil trip from FB.

mountaicat800

#3 Post by mountaicat800 »

It is only about an hour past Cantwell. I think Fairbanks is close then Anch. It takes almost four hours to get to Cantwell from here.
2007 M8 153 Arctic Cat Rules

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

How many time you driven the Parks Robert ? It's way closer to Anchorage, only 115 miles -v- 225 from FB. Boy or boy, the things some people will say to get us to drive to Peterville :D :D :D

YamahaMountain

#5 Post by YamahaMountain »

I've been to their web site several times and seen pic's of the place, from what I've read it sounds like a nice place. The driving directions on the site are from Anch and it's closer to their then FBX. Just seeing if it's worth the extra hr drive. Thanks guys keep the info coming.

Tom
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450

Shane

#6 Post by Shane »

For the last 2 years my wife, along with some local friends and some friends for Kenai
meet at Kenny Creek Logde for a 3-4 day trip in March. The ASSA was a pretty good map
of the area which was really helpful the first time we went and for $15 it's a must have.
If you stay at KCL rent a cabin so the partying in the house doesn't keep you up to late.
The food is good you just have to get there before everyone else in the area wakes up
and fills up the dinning tables. The showers are really nice and clean, but the beds are
alittle questionable. Last year the money ran out for the groomer so the main trail had 2Ft.
moguls by march, i would recomend bringing in the freight sled the less trips back and forth
the better. My wife and i both think Petersville is the best riding in the state, 20-50 above
and 4-7 feet of snow, what more could you ask for?? :D :D

YamahaMountain

#7 Post by YamahaMountain »

Thanks for the info, Me and about 5 or more of my buddys are all wanting to do a weekend trip when we all get back, well when most of us get back some of them are still in Alaska. Kenny Creek was one of the places we were talking about along with cantwell, white mountains or someplace like turnagain, hatcher pass or summit.
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450

cleary

#8 Post by cleary »

One of our favorite places is the Maclaren River Lodge at mile 42 on the Denali Highway. While the Denali is closed Alan & Susie the owners of the lodge groom it. It's about an hour ride from Paxson. Check it out at: www.maclarenlodge.com

Chuck

YamahaMountain

#9 Post by YamahaMountain »

Thanks Chuck, I'll have to check the site out when I get back in the states. The location I'm at alot of sites are filtered over here so my web surfing is very limited, I'm very suprised that I can get on here because most forums are filtered. LOL Any information on any area with a good place to sleep at night would be helpful. It's kinda hard to plan a trip when your in another country. LOL
A.K.A "98/02SRX"

05 RX-1 Mountain-Mine
02 SRX-Mine
98 SRX Mountain-Wife's
05 Kodiak 450

john
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Post by john »

YamahaMountain wrote:Any information on any area with a good place to sleep at night would be helpful.
With that in mind, Kenny Creek Logde, Backwoods Lodge in Cantwell, and MacLaren Lodge on the Denali Hwy, all are excellent choices. Just make sure to get your lodgging reservations in advance or you might be sleeping in your truck :D