any 4 wheeler rides planned in the near furture

This is the place to post events and activities that are not FST specific. So if you or your organization are aware of, or having an event that is snow related, please post it here for all to see. Non registered visitors may post to this forum.

Moderator: john

Alaskan Polar Bear

any 4 wheeler rides planned in the near furture

#1 Post by Alaskan Polar Bear »

4 wheelers rides ?
No track and engine? what's the point?
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 159
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 151
2003 Polaris 550 super sport 121
2002 Polaris 700 RMK 144
1998 Polaris XLT Special 600 121
1976 Polaris TXL 340 Liquid
1972 / 74 Skiroule 300 RTX
and a few more

mit

Re: any 4 wheeler rides planned in the near furture

#2 Post by mit »

Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

Stephen E. Enochs
Board Member
Board Member

#3 Post by Stephen E. Enochs »

Valdez Creek July 2nd thru the 5th

cleary

#4 Post by cleary »

Stephen E. Enochs wrote:Valdez Creek July 2nd thru the 5th
Where do you ride down there besides Valdez and Windy Creeks?

Chuck

shaymf

#5 Post by shaymf »

Thing about going. Any directions. :4x4:

alaskasc

#6 Post by alaskasc »

How many people are going down this year? Anyone have a count? I'm still undecided about where I'm going.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

I know about 5 that are going. We'll be parked at Alpine Ck Lodge and riding out of there.

shaymf

#8 Post by shaymf »

So, if I understand correctly, we are all parking at Alpine Creek Lodge and riding out from there. My wife and I are thinking of heading out Thursday night. This will be the first trip down there for us. Usually we go to Valdez on the 4th but are getting tired of the rain. Anyone bringing dogs?

TheBearAk

#9 Post by TheBearAk »

On Facebook, there is a North Pole ATV Club. A few have mentioned a trip around "Fairbanks-Circle" Fairbanks=Fairbanks Creek.

Is there a formal ATV club in the interior?
1996 Skidoo Touring E 380
1995 Skidoo Summit 583

john
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Post by john »

shaymf, Alpine Creek Lodge is full, it has limited parking and those are already taken, so maybe parking on the road to Valdez Creek or along the Denali.

Were going done Thursday evening late, thinking about spending the night (Thur) at Donnely Dome and making Alpine Creek Friday AM. There's a wedding at Alpine on Saturday, me thinks it may be wedding crash time :<) Bride is Dean Allen's daughter, Tiffinay.

Bear, the North Pole ATV group is more of sell/buy ATV's group and such with some get together's on occansion, not really a club as it were like the Snow Travelers, some one speak up if I'm mistaken here.

cleary

#11 Post by cleary »

Oops, double post. cj
Last edited by cleary on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

cleary

#12 Post by cleary »

john wrote:shaymf, Alpine Creek Lodge is full, it has limited parking and those are already taken, so maybe parking on the road to Valdez Creek or along the Denali.

Were going done Thursday evening late, thinking about spending the night (Thur) at Donnely Dome and making Alpine Creek Friday AM. There's a wedding at Alpine on Saturday, me thinks it may be wedding crash time :<) Bride is Dean Allen's daughter, Tiffinay.

Bear, the North Pole ATV group is more of sell/buy ATV's group and such with some get together's on occansion, not really a club as it were like the Snow Travelers, some one speak up if I'm mistaken here.
Hey John,

We're parked at Donnelly Dome right now. We have to meet up with friends at Tangles Thursday.

When we do Valdez or Windy Creeks we park in a gravel pit at the west end of the lake that the old Susitna Lodge is on. It is the road to the right as the Denali turns left toward the bridge on the Su before you start down the hill. The Windy Creek Trail starts here as well. There is good parking in the restored area of the Valdez Creek mine. Great Views. I would check out the Windy Creek crossing, culvert, before heading up that way with my RV.

Raining here right now,

Chuck

shaymf

#13 Post by shaymf »

Isn't the Richardson side the long way there? Would the Parks HWY be shorter or better?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Post by john »

Thanks Chuck. Yeah to the Windy Creek crossing. Trish was about ready to get out of the RV and head home when I started to cross it last year :)

The Richardson is longer mileage wise, but with all the construction on the Parks it's probable shorter this year time wise. Plus it has about 20 miles of paved road on the Denali

Drove to the cabin south of Cantwell two weeks ago and ended up waiting at 4 different points for a total of 90 minutes before Cantwell. So I'm taking the Richardson this weekend.

cleary

#15 Post by cleary »

john wrote:Thanks Chuck. Yeah to the Windy Creek crossing. Trish was about ready to get out of the RV and head home when I started to cross it last year :)

The Richardson is longer mileage wise, but with all the construction on the Parks it's probable shorter this year time wise. Plus it has about 20 miles of paved road on the Denali

Drove to the cabin south of Cantwell two weeks ago and ended up waiting at 4 different points for a total of 90 minutes before Cantwell. So I'm taking the Richardson this weekend.

The Rich from Delta to just past pump 9 is being completely rebuilt including the Jarvis Creek Bridge. The old bridge is still in use. We came through after construction hours last night and it was fine. During the day you might have one wait for a pilot car.

This morning we moved from the Dome to a big gravel pit by the Delta River about a mile north of Black Rapids. We rode the pipe from there to Whistler Creek. On the way we rode up the old Ski Hill at the Black Rapids Training Center. On the way back we rode up another trail at the center that got us way above timberline. It's called the Base Camp Trail. Great Views. Also today we have seen two big herds of Buffalo on the west side of the river. Great day, I just celebrated with ice cold Ginger Brew.

Chuck