Bonifield trail

Let us know what the weather (hopefully snow fall) is like in your area

Moderator: john

paulneva

Bonifield trail

#1 Post by paulneva »

:oops: This is about trail condition not weather but I couldn't find a place in the Forum for trail reports so...

FYI, the Bonifield trail south of Clear Creek Butte was closed again as of last week. For those of you who helped cut the by-pass around the big blow-down, the by-pass is gone.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bonifield trail

#2 Post by john »

Paul,

Where is it closed at ? Does this mean that the clearing that the FT WW Rec did is gone as well and how bad is the blockage ?

(side note: I would post it under Trail Issues)

paulneva

#3 Post by paulneva »

John,

Coming from the south, do you remember the big downed spruce that we cut a by-pass around a few years back? The by-pass that we cut is impassable. If there is another way around it, no one has used it this winter. I can't tell you any more than that because I couldn't find a way around it.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Last year we had to go over the Buttes along the trail on top to north eastern Butte and drop down from there.

I have it plotted on http://www.snowtravelers.org/Clear_Cree ... s_Loop.php

This shows where we tried to get through along the Bonnifield then turned back and went over the top trail.

I thought the FTWW Rec guys said they re-opened it, may be wrong on that. I know it'd take a lot of work to open the actual Bonnifield Trail along the bottom.

Darrell

#5 Post by Darrell »

I think too they said they open the old trail around the bottom (west side). dead fall and snow cover brush may have cover it again?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

paulneva

#6 Post by paulneva »

I don't know if the Bonifield Trail along the west side of the Butte is open or not. No one has used it this winter. I also don't know if the trail on the top of the Butte is open or not. No one had used it this winter. I do know that the Trail is not open south of the Butte, south of John's plot, where we fixed it a couple years ago.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

Sounds like a good ride to me :) Let's go bust some snow.