McLaren Lodge Newsletter

Let us know what the weather (hopefully snow fall) is like in your area

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

McLaren Lodge Newsletter

#1 Post by john »

Great News - PAXSON INN IS UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT - the new folks there are great, friendly, nice people. Avid snowmachiners!!!! Stop in to say hello, they are supporting the Denali Highway Trail Club efforts and will be working to help make and keep up the trails. They will be providing parking for everyone, check inside to find out the details.

The frost is definitely on the pumpkin! We have about 1 foot of snow here in the Maclaren Valley and more coming down as we speak. We did have a nice little wind storm last night so I am not really sure if the road is open or not. I do know this, we have been riding snowmachines in and out now, but one pickup did go through a couple of days ago, out for that last bear hunt.

The rivers are not frozen yet, working on it for sure, but just not there yet. The lakes are all covered, however, the dogs will not go out on the lakes yet, and that tells me they are not safe for riding.

We are excited as yet another snowmachine season comes around the corner. I hope that everyone has a safe and fun riding season this year

Plans for this year include but are not limited too:

Denali Highway Trail:

Maclaren Glacier Trail:

Lake Louise Trail:

7 Mile Lake Trail – Glacier Gap Trail:

Also, all Denali Hwy Trail Club memberships are due. We are going to do this a little different this year and see if it works. The membership fees will only be $5.00 and will go toward parts or fuel for the groomer. I know most clubs charge more and they offer something for the members, such as patches, free meals ECT, but we have found out being all the way out here it is really difficult to get everyone together on the same weekend.

The main purpose of doing this is to get a large membership base so that we can have a bigger impacted on issues that affect our sport. You really would be amazed at how much of a difference we can make if we stand together, so let’s see how big we can make this club.

Please make your checks out to the ‘Denali Hwy Trail Club’ and you can mail them too

Denali Hwy Trail Club
HC 02 Box 7282
Gakona, AK 99586

Take Care, and we look forward to seeing you on the trail!!!!

Alan Echols
Vice President – Denali Highway Trail Club

Events that will be coming up:

December 28th, 29th and 30th - GIN GIN 200 SLED DOG RACE – From Paxson to Maclaren Valley, roundabout to the SU and back to Maclaren to Paxson
January 10, 11, 12 & 13 - CANTWELL CLASSIC SLED DOG RACE – Cantwell to Maclaren Valley and back
DEC 31 – JAN 1 - MACLAREN LODGE NEW YEARS EVE PARTY – with lots of fireworks and a hugh bonfire
APR 1, 2, 3, 4 - TIAGIA SLED DOG RACE – from Lake Louise to Maclaren Valley

MESSAGE BOARD:

If you have any messages, please email them to us and we will gladly put them on our message board ---------

****Maclaren River Lodge is looking for someone adventuresome that would like to spend the winter in the Maclaren Valley. The Lodge will provide room and board. This is a live in situation, prefer if you have your own snowmachine but can provide one for you if you don’t*** Contact Alan or Susie at 822-5444.