General Membership meeting April 27, 2013

Minutes from the Board and General membership meetings.

Moderator: john

mit

General Membership meeting April 27, 2013

#1 Post by mit »

Fairbanks Snow Travelers
General Membership meeting April 24, 2013
Carquest on Peger Rd.

President:
Peter Vredenburgh

Treasures report:
Checking 877
Savings #1 1670
Savings #2 1255

Larry M. reported on the Isberg parking issue. The Mayor was in attendance at the last Borough Trails Advisory Committee Meeting and assured them that there would be a parking area for vehicles. There are also openings on the Committe you can find out how to apply on the Borough web sight.

May Potluck: Crystal is going to do the heavy lifting on this. Thank you Crystal! It is May 18th at Kiwanis Park, Across Wilbur St. from Growden Park.
A-F: Sides (Baked beans, deviled eggs, veggies, etc.)
G-O: Salads (Potato salad, coleslaw, green salad, etc.)
P-Z: Desserts (Cakes, Pies, Cookies, etc.)

Steve E. Reported that Arctic Man was fun. He got the chance to ride some new snow machines and found out the new ones get stuck too. Had some flat light too contend with.

We covered some summer storage techniques. One thing to remember is DO NOT, Armor All your seat at the beginning of the season or a ride!

Steve E. also was re-appointed to a 3 year term on the snow TRAC board. Our other Rep from interior is Adam Baxter. Steve informed us that there is discussion about moving the board under DOT and also increasing the registration fees again. We need to stay informed on these issues. http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/grants/snowmotr.htm

Watch for info on Memorial Day 4 wheeler excursion to Nome Creek. It might be better on a snow machine if it doesn’t warm up!

Peter had the Drawing. Thanks for the Prizes!
Winners where:
Paul R. Grease gun
Crystal G. Cleaning Kit
Tim B. and I forgot mine after helping clean up; Can of Seafoam and spray oil.
Last but not least, the all time winner for the drawing this season STEVEN ENOCH,
Won a bottle of Stay Bil!

Members present:
David Petroske, Paul Renschen, Jody Nolan, Me, Steven Enoch, Darrell Bohn, Stoney Robertson, Crystal Goula, Juan Goula, Dave Oliver, Larry Morris, Peter Vrendenburgh

Secretary:
Tim Berg
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

larry morris

Re: General Membership meeting April 27, 2013

#2 Post by larry morris »

Steve is grounded from drawings for 2 meetings. :lol:

larry morris

Re: General Membership meeting April 27, 2013

#3 Post by larry morris »

I am having a bourbon and a contraband cigar. Feeling great!!!!! Thank you Stoney