Mar 16th Ride; Dunbar Trail heading south

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

Mar 16th Ride; Dunbar Trail heading south

#1 Post by dryer »

All, I would like to explore the area and trails heading south on the Dunbar trail. I will leave from the top of Murphy Dome at 10:00 and drop down to the Chatanika River. From there we will connect up with the Dunbar trail and head toward Nenana. Not sure how far the trail is broken in, but Topo maps show many side trails to explore. I am estimating the total millage for the day to be under 80 miles. Call me if you are interested. Dan 750-1163.

Lud

Re: Mar 16th Ride; Dunbar Trail heading south

#2 Post by Lud »

I talked to a friend of mine that flew over that area last weekend. He said it is broken in. Easily accessible from the river.

Lud

#3 Post by Lud »

I talked to a friend of mine who flew over that area last weekend. He said it is broken in and accessible from the river.

Mark

RichD

#4 Post by RichD »

Sound like a good trip. So just meet up with you on top of Murphy dome at 10:00?

alaskasc

#5 Post by alaskasc »

Too bad I’m on call that weekend. I would so love to go.
Mike C

2015 Summit 800 E-Tec 154"

dryer
Board Member
Board Member

#6 Post by dryer »

Meet at the top of Murphy Dome and park in the area by the Radar facility. I would like to leave at 10:00am. Bring a lunch and water.

RichD

#7 Post by RichD »

Thanks for leading this ride Dan. Good ride, the lakes were really cool, glad I went. Next time we need to bring some saws and loppers :)