Veterans Day Ride Report

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Stoney
Board Member
Board Member

Veterans Day Ride Report

#1 Post by Stoney »

Well we had our first club ride of the year. It should be known as the Three 3's, 3 hours, 3 dead ends, 3 degrees. This was my first time on the trails this year and it was evident by the end of the day. We left from Two Rivers Lodge and took the trail on the south side of CHSR. We rode over to the intersection with the old Linsey log bldg. and headed south to Jenny M hill. We crossed over and one of the old logging roads was in use, a truck passed by when we where taking a break. I took the narrow Ratstack trail over to Potlatch Ponds, and we hit our first dead end. After backtracking to the main winter trail, we took off west on a very well used trail. The plan was to cut off to Chena Lakes, stopped by Potlatch Cr., it's not safe to cross yet. Phillip needed to be back at the parking spot because of an appointment. We took the Church trail out to CHSR, tried to take the trail on the south side, stopped by down trees. Steve busted out a trail to the highway, and we ran the edge of the road back. By the time we got to the lodge, we just called it a day. Even if it was a short ride, I had a great time. :fluffly: Stoney.