Mar. 21st PIZZA RUN Ride Report

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Stoney
Board Member
Board Member

Mar. 21st PIZZA RUN Ride Report

#1 Post by Stoney »

This ride started out with me getting everyone lost before the sleds were unloaded. There are about a half dozen parking lots at Chena Lakes, I had people parked at everyone of them, except the one I was at. Once started, we had 15 sleds and 17 riders, warm sunny skies, and a great Alaska day ahead. I want to thank Steve Nolan for riding sweep all day, and keeping everyone on the trail. We had a few little problems, blown belt, running out of gas, falling off and under our sled in the powder (Jody) . But all in all I think it was a good, fun ride. We all made it to Two Rivers Lodge after about four and a half hours riding. Mike C was there at the Lodge waiting, I guess he took a different route, and left at a different time. After lots of PIZZA and relaxing, it back to Chena Lakes and our rigs. We covered 65 miles, ran the Chena, crossed the Little Chena, Smallwood cr., Iowa cr. and had on problems due to the 40 temps. It was a ride we should do again sometime. :fluffly: I'll try and post a few photos in a few days, Stoney

REVITUP

Re: Mar. 21st PIZZA RUN Ride Report

#2 Post by REVITUP »

Just to clarify, Nick "fell" off his sled after hitting a bump in the trail. He jumped up and threw his arms in the air like a champion, lol!! Too quick for the camera. I, on the other hand, was carving and failed to finish my last turn. I wasn't "under" my sled but was next to it, decided that it was a good place to take a break, well, that and the fact I was worn out and did an impression of a turtle in the snow!

ArmyWife

#3 Post by ArmyWife »

Awesome day!! Had to take off jacket it was warm but that was ok! Philip had a trunk to put it in, thanks Philip!
Thank you Stoney for a great day!
And I think Steve was having fun in the back with Sean playing in the powder, lol but thank you Steve for sweeping all day and helping me get my sled unstuck I think twice, lol!
I definitely think add that to the ride list.

Summit800

#4 Post by Summit800 »

I must say, that was the best group I have ever ridden sweep for. Just enough snow left for us in the back, and just enough delays to keep well rested. (thanks Murphy)and the best part was the tow rope never left its stowage.

Thanks all for a great day!