Deadman Lake April 4-5

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

mit

Deadman Lake April 4-5

#1 Post by mit »

Time to find out who is going we will be going out and back on the same trail this year. Same trail the Iditarod used.

This is Myles Thomas's Trip I just lead it out and back. He gets to fly!
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

Opie

Re: Deadman Lake April 4-5

#2 Post by Opie »

I am interested Tim, if there is still room, but have a flight out of town on Monday morning, Dec 6th, at 6am. What time do you think the group will return to Fairbanks? Also, how many open spots is there - would like to bring my sons if possible?

Thanks, James

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Opie wrote:flight out of town on Monday morning, Dec 6th, at 6am.Thanks, James
I think 9 months would be enough time :tounge: :joke:

mit

#4 Post by mit »

James you are in with three. The only other person that has expressed interest is Larry Morris and maybe a guy I know. That would be 5 so far.
Tim Berg

larry morris

#5 Post by larry morris »

I'm in. How much bourbon should I bring?

mit

#6 Post by mit »

larry morris wrote:I'm in. How much bourbon should I bring?
I can't keep up that is all I know!
Tim Berg

Opie

#7 Post by Opie »

Whoa - not sure what I was thinking saying Dec 6th. :wall: Yes, I'm in. Sat and Sun only, correct? I won't have to use any vacation - not that I have any more vacation to use. James

mit

#8 Post by mit »

Opie wrote:Whoa - not sure what I was thinking saying Dec 6th. :wall: Yes, I'm in. Sat and Sun only, correct? I won't have to use any vacation - not that I have any more vacation to use. James

Out on Saturday back on Sunday. Park at the Mondorosa. Probably same trail out and back. I will recon another way back. But it will be pretty boring ride coming home the same way and as of last weekend after 70 dog teams and who knows how many snowmachines the trail was hard as concrete :dunno:
Tim Berg

jasjew

#9 Post by jasjew »

I might be interested in going on the ride. Jewell had hip surgery about 4 weeks ago so she will not be going. She did say that Miles needs a hand cooking she could fly out with him.

Opie

#10 Post by Opie »

Tim, I will be bringing my older son Andrew only. There will be 2 of us. Thanks, James

jasjew

#11 Post by jasjew »

What are the details for this trip? I have to check the schedule Monday. If I'm off I would to make the trip.

Jason

mit

#12 Post by mit »

I will be going out to Deadman tomorrow and coming back on Monday the 30th taking out 8 railroad ties. One of these days we will have the railroad built! "thumbright: I flew the alternate route last weekend (the Commissioner line trail) and it didn't look so good so if we go it will probably be out and back on the Telegraph trail. I will make the call on whether we go on Monday, when I get back. Talked to Myles tonight on the phone it will be 75 dollars will cover dinner breakfast and lodging at his place. I think he has gas too. So think about whether you want to go. Hope this answers your questions Jason.

Boy its too HOT! :devilsmile:
Tim Berg

mit

#13 Post by mit »

Got back to Nenana at 5:00 and the trail is bare in too many spots by next Saturday it will be even worse. So I'm calling this one off. :cry: I'm putting away my machines for the season. :shockedeye: Except for the one that fly's too. Get your ice classic tickets in by April 5th!
Tim Berg