1 March, Tanana Flats

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

paulneva

1 March, Tanana Flats

#1 Post by paulneva »

This ride will depart from the boat landing/day park at the end of Chena Pump Road at 10:00 AM and should be back before 3:00 PM. It will be a nice, easy ride of about 50 miles ideal for families and beginning riders. We will ride down the Tanana River for a few miles and then go into the Tanana Flats. The Tanana Flats is a real wilderness right outside of Fairbanks. There are no gas stations or lunch counters so riders are advised to have a full gas tank and bring their own lunch. If the temperature is colder than -20 at the airport at 9:00 AM, the ride will be cancelled. Riders who do not already have a Ft. Wainwright Recreation Area Pass can get one at http://usartrak.isportsman.net. The same site can be used to check in. We will be riding in areas 202 and 203.

I did a recon ride today. Conditions are much better than I had expected. It looks like there was no rain south of Clear Creek Butte. There is no ice line in the snow down there.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

SAM_I_AM

Re: 1 March, Tanana Flats

#2 Post by SAM_I_AM »

Dawn and I will ride. :sledwave:
Murphy Family, Shawn & Dawn

Badgersam

Re: 1 March, Tanana Flats

#3 Post by Badgersam »

I will be there, Lisa and the kids probably won't. But a guy from work may be with me.

Steve