Trek Over the Top

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

cleary

Trek Over the Top

#1 Post by cleary »

Deadline to register is this Friday: http://www.trekoverthetop.com/?utm_medi ... 201%202014

Here's a link to our last Trek. http://www.clearysummit.com/Trek/Tok%20Dawson.htm

Chuck

billy6384

Re: Trek Over the Top

#2 Post by billy6384 »

I'm signed up, had a great time last year. Anyone else from the club going?
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled

Stoney
Board Member
Board Member

#3 Post by Stoney »

Ride report : Trek over the top . Stoney, Nick Billstrom ,Al Trettle, John Lubben ( past VP of the FST ),And Bob Miller all drove down to Tok wen. Mar.5th. Thur. morning After sign in, and a breakfast provided by the AK. Trailblazers, We are off for the 200 mile trek to Dawson. Me, Nick, and Al left at 7:30 am , John and Bob couldn't leave until 9:00 am because Johns sled was locked up in a shop in Tok. Al was setting a pace that was a little to fast for Nicks mountain sled, and he blew a belt 20 miles before Chicken. We kept it at 50 to 60 miles per.hr. then and had no problems. After gasing up in Chicken, Nick now with no spare belt, me using more gas and not carrying extra ,we expected Al would be towing one of us into Dawson 113 miles away. When I gased up in Dawson my 2002 xcsp 700 took 40 liters of gas. 63$. Nick was able to order a belt from Whitehorse and have it delivered to him in Dawson. The bad part was he didn't get it and have it till noon sun. the 9th. I rode back with John and Bob because they were smart and carried extra gas. The time spent in Dawson was the best in years, good trails, food, friends, and stories around the hot tub. Thanks to Peter and Josh for the hoddies and T-Shirts as door prizes. Thanks to Crystal for the fancy gift certificates.Thanks to Bob and John for making sure I didn't run out of gas from Dawson back to Chicken. When we left Chicken,and only had 80 miles left to Tok ,Bob who is 72 years old picked up the pace. We averaged over 70 mph. and at times were well over 80 mph. It was all me and John could do to keep Bob in sight. Glad to see you still can put the hammer down Bob. STONEY.

billy6384

#4 Post by billy6384 »

Thanks for the ride report Stoney! I was going to get to it eventually! I had a great time again on my 2nd year of Trek! All went smooth on the way back. I dropped Al off about 9pm in North Pole, and I made it back to Fairbanks around 930pm. Quite the long day on Sunday! We will have to get on a few spring rides while this weather is nice!
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled