Tanana Flats, 11 January

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

paulneva

Tanana Flats, 11 January

#1 Post by paulneva »

This ride will depart from the boat landing/day park at the end of Chena Pump Road at 10:00 AM and should be back before 3:00 PM. It will be a nice, easy ride of about 50 miles ideal for families and beginning riders. We will ride down the Tanana River for a few miles and then go into the Tanana Flats. The Tanana Flats is a real wilderness right outside of Fairbanks. There are no gas stations or lunch counters so riders are advised to have a full gas tank and bring their own lunch. If the temperature is colder than -20 at the airport at 9:00 AM, the ride will be cancelled. Riders who do not already have a Ft. Wainwright Recreation Area Pass can get one at http://usartrak.isportsman.net. The same site can be used to check in. We will be riding in areas 202 and 203.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

jasjew

Re: Tanana Flats, 11 January

#2 Post by jasjew »

If the flu and pneumonia goes away Jewell and I will be there. We might have two other new riders with us. Just wondering if Larry is going to cook 400 hot dogs after this ride?

larry morris

#3 Post by larry morris »

You never know what he will do!!!!

larry morris

#4 Post by larry morris »

The weather does not look great but, John, is the Kat Kitchen available if there is a ride? I can bring dogs and buns. Maybe others can bring condiments and other items.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

Working on my lights so may not make it.

You're welcome to borrow it if you want. I can get it to you Friday or maybe bring it by Saturday AM to the landing.

Jerry G

#6 Post by Jerry G »

Just registered looking forward to meeting everyone for the Tanana Flats ride. I am really excited to find your group

:needsnow:

larry morris

#7 Post by larry morris »

John,
Lights? Don't ned no stinkin lights.

We are going into the deep freeze again. If there is a ride, can you bring it in Saturday morning. Or, just ride with us. If no ride, I will put the 100 dogs in the freezer until next week which looks a lot warmer.

Jerry G

#8 Post by Jerry G »

What ride is next week??

:sledwave: :sledwave:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by john »

Larry, I'll bring it by but it looks like its going to be a bit on the chilly side in the morning.

From National Weather Service
Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows 30 to 40 below...except 5 to 10 below on the hills. Light winds.

Saturday: Mostly clear. Patchy ice fog in the afternoon. Highs 20 to 30 below...except around 5 below on the hills.
Of course if it is 30 below when I get up and have to dig it out of the snow, you might have better luck with a campfire :)

Jerry G (and Larry)

No ride scheduled for the 18th, but maybe a 2nd chance for the Flats if tomorrow is canceled do to temps.

I'll be at Hurricane that weekend, so if you want to borrow the Kat Kitchen some one will need to come get it by Thursday night.

paulneva

#10 Post by paulneva »

It is -24 already and not forecast to get above that tomorrow. :brrr: Rather than waiting until 0900 tomorrow, I am canceling tomorrow's ride and will reschedule it for 25 January.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen