April 20

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

April 20

#1 Post by john »

Anyone up for one last local ride, as cool as the temps have been we should be able to get a final local ride in.

Thinking about riding to Chatanika from Nordale.

Darrell

Re: April 20

#2 Post by Darrell »

What route. Gong to try Chena rec. today. Can't beat grooms trail for a base for this late season running...Any other ideas? Chuck how about Up Cleary way what's up?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Was thinking about running from Nordale to the lodge for lunch. Leave the parking area on Nordale around 9:00.

Either up the Alpha C or go past the old dredge.

cleary

#4 Post by cleary »

Darrell wrote:What route. Gong to try Chena rec. today. Can't beat grooms trail for a base for this late season running...Any other ideas? Chuck how about Up Cleary way what's up?
We've had 6 inches since the last time the Fairbanks Creek Road was plowed so it should be OK. We haven't groomed for some time now as we have 2 broken groomers. There will be drifting on the ridge trail from the Circle Trail to the ditch as we've had a lot on wind. Blowing over 30 right now. Ronnie has had a lot sledders at the Chatanika Lodge so the trail shouldn't be any big deal.

We're heading for Summit tomorrow or Friday on our annual week end after Arctic Man foray. Will be at Waters Edge with our campers, motor homes and Lee's cabins. http://www.alaska-highway.org/delta/wat ... -cottages/

Chuck

larry morris

#5 Post by larry morris »

I'm in let me know when and where. Then it is ATV time

billy6384

#6 Post by billy6384 »

Let us know how conditions are for your weekend at Summit Chuck. The way snow has been holding out and from the amount they have down there I may go down there the following weekend. Some of my snowboarding buddies from work want to get pulled up some big hills!
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled

Darrell

#7 Post by Darrell »

Started at Compeau trail head today. Took the winter trail for a mile or after going under Chena river bridge, took a trail back to the south and came out at 42 mile pond with a really nice trail going up the east fork valley. Now I wonder if its going to Van Curler Bar or?
Calls for another trip up there.
Trail was in great shape..just a bit of over flow... :sled:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Post by john »

larry morris wrote:I'm in let me know when and where. Then it is ATV time
9:00 am at the Nordale pull out. Lunch at Chatanika.

I figure this may be my last local ride, humm, I think I said that last month :) Then I'm heading south for a weekend or two before I put the sleds and get the ATV's ready.

cleary

#9 Post by cleary »

billy6384 wrote:Let us know how conditions are for your weekend at Summit Chuck. The way snow has been holding out and from the amount they have down there I may go down there the following weekend. Some of my snowboarding buddies from work want to get pulled up some big hills!
We drove down yesterday afternoon. Wind was howling through the pass and here at Summit. This morning it is 10 above, severe clear and calm. Looks like it's going to be a great day.

Isabel Cam http://akweathercams.faa.gov/viewsite.p ... k=66KBZGQ7

Chuck

Darrell

#10 Post by Darrell »

Chuck hope you let us know, How the riding and if DOT is working on the Denali HWY,
Good spring snow year , ride on!

:supperhappy:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Post by john »

larry morris wrote:I'm in let me know when and where. Then it is ATV time
Missed a good ride, five us made it to Chatanika for lunch. Lots of variety on the trail from overflow to a little dirt to wind blown on top to good snow.

45 above on the return trip, rode without my coat on.

cleary

#12 Post by cleary »

Darrell wrote:Chuck hope you let us know, How the riding and if DOT is working on the Denali HWY,
Good spring snow year , ride on!

:supperhappy:
We rode to Maclaren yesterday. Went from Waters Edge down the lake and picked up the highway about mile 5. It's plowed to about mile 10. Good trail along side it. Very wind blown until you get past Landmark Gap. Glacier Gap, High Valley and Maclaren all good. All is well at Maclaren. They have gas.

We'll ride here today. No melting has taken place here. Getting down to zero or colder at night. Nice during the day.

Chuck :thumbup:

Opie

#13 Post by Opie »

Great ride last weekend - thanks John, Stoney & Dave.

James & Andrew