chena lakes to CHS

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

TheBearAk

chena lakes to CHS

#1 Post by TheBearAk »

I'm thinking about a trip from the Chena Lakes area, following the Quest trail and end up in Chena Hot Springs.

My question is, are there any gas stations along the way anymore? Haven't been out that way in several years.

I'm figuring the trip is about 75 miles, which I could make a round trip on my machine, but it would leave me barely any "fun" fuel.

I could haul some gas, but really don't have the room to do it on the machine and I'd rather not pull a sled.

TIA
1996 Skidoo Touring E 380
1995 Skidoo Summit 583

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: chena lakes to CHS

#2 Post by john »

Gas station at Pleasent Valley.

Enjoy the ride, hope you can pull into the Hot Springs property, a few years back they didn't want/allow sleds that weren't their on the property, thus the reason I stopped going.

TheBearAk

#3 Post by TheBearAk »

You mean even if I go there to, say, eat and soak, I can't park on their land? Hmm, I thought they encouraged snowmachiners.
1995 Skidoo Summit 583

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

TheBearAk wrote: I thought they encouraged snowmachiners.

They use to, but as I said, a few years ago their philosophy changed, maybe it has changed again.

Darrell

#5 Post by Darrell »

Take a chance, what he going to do, not take your money. :whip:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Darrell

#6 Post by Darrell »

Ran from rose hip to Angel Creek lodge today. Trail in great shape.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

TheBearAk

#7 Post by TheBearAk »

Ended up taking two different rides today. First one was just to get my Touring sled out and run it for a while. Hasn't ran since Christmas. I just went and buzzed around Chena Lakes. What a comfy sled that one is (1996 Skidoo Touring E 380).

The second trip my step son called my son and asked if he wanted to go for a ride. He lives out by Fox so my son and I loaded up and went out there. Tore up some powder, but the old XLT started giving us trouble. Dropping a cylinder, then another, but then it would run good for a little while until you started working it and then it would drop a cylinder again. I'm thinking there is something wrong with the CDI. But we had a good time anyway.
1995 Skidoo Summit 583