March 2nd - Work day!!!

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

larry morris

March 2nd - Work day!!!

#1 Post by larry morris »

On March 2nd, I would like to organize some trail clearing in the trail we took recently from the end of Gilmore Trail Rd. The burro parks and rec has agrred to lend us hand tools. They do not have any power tools so anyone with some would be helpful. John, can we get the cat kitchen? I think a cook-out and bonfire is in order. I will organize the food with maybe a little help.

Let me know how all of you think about this? It is a great trail to ride but, needs some clearing.

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: March 2nd - Work day!!!

#2 Post by john »

OK Larry I'm in and will bring the Kat Kitchen, however you need to change the title, work on Saturday isn't to appealing :)

How about "cook out with a work out" :tounge:

larry morris

#3 Post by larry morris »

Sounds good to me. Any suggestions out there for what food they would like, be reasonable!!!! I was planning brats and hamburgers. Would love any suggestions. We will need someone to tend the kitchen and bonfire. Nice easy job to help keep people warm and fed. I may go this Saturday and check out and flag areas to be done.

We will discuss some atthe general membership meeting.

dragonman

#4 Post by dragonman »

KaBobs with shrimp, scallops, tenderloin steak, peppers, pinapple,small tomatoes,
ya know what ever>>>>>>>>>>>> A couple of recliners to rest up on ?????
Oh don't forget the fresh home made bread with butter :rolf: :joke:
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

PolarisXPS

#5 Post by PolarisXPS »

:supperhappy: This is Dave I'm all for manning the grill and fire I can't
snowmachine cause I don't have one and I like warm weather 4 wheeling or
standing or sleeping by warm fires
:sympathy:

txcanyon

#6 Post by txcanyon »

I'll be there (and the meeting on Wed).

Where will we start at? I can bring a sawzall and 2 charged batteries though if it super cold they won't last full duration

jasjew

#7 Post by jasjew »

I will be also for part of the day, I have to work at 1900. If the weather is nice, warmer then -8, the girls will be along and they would love to help with the fire and cooking

larry morris

#8 Post by larry morris »

Hello,
I will be going down there tomorrow (Saturday 23rd) to scope some areas out. Anybody want to join me. It should be a fairly short ride. I will be there to go about 10AM.

Those working Iron Dog, don't leave there for this. Is that ok John? You can let go of my arm, it is hurting! :angle:

dragonman

#9 Post by dragonman »

I won't be able to make this weekend as I've come down with low altitude sickness
hopefully i'll be there next weekend. :sick:
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

txcanyon

#10 Post by txcanyon »

larry morris wrote:Hello,
I will be going down there tomorrow (Saturday 23rd) to scope some areas out. Anybody want to join me. It should be a fairly short ride. I will be there to go about 10AM.

Those working Iron Dog, don't leave there for this. Is that ok John? You can let go of my arm, it is hurting! :angle:
I'm sure John will see this, but if he doesn't need me tomorrow for the Iron Dog, I could go out there with you.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#11 Post by john »

txcanyon wrote:I'm sure John will see this, but if he doesn't need me tomorrow for the Iron Dog, I could go out there with you.

Can't have Larry going out all by his lonesome, enjoy the ride.

larry morris

#12 Post by larry morris »

I went down into the valley of dread and scoped out the work and a good spot for the fire and lunch. In the bottom is an old cabin with a fairly good sized level area to make camp. There will be two sections in for clearing and two past there. According to the long range weather forecast, it should be a good day. I also did a little exploring.

Took one trail and ended up at a virtual dead end, turning an expedition in trees is fun. Another trail ended up on Smallwood Road. The other was where we were originally going to have our cook-out 3 weeks ago. I took it a few miles and turned around at a signal tower. All told I went about 40 miles.

Darrell

#13 Post by Darrell »

That old track in the snow left of the fence would take you over to groom trails of Cleary summit...Lots of riding ahead!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Post by john »

Iron Dog is done and the stakes/signs that had to be removed have been.

So Larry, I'm getting set up for Saturday, have the Kat Kitchen ready including a stove top for the burner and a coffee pot, just need water and coffee grounds :)

I'll bring in my chain saw and saw gas, do we have a tow behind to haul tools ? If not I can bring the Otter sled but someone will need to tow it as I'll be towing the kitchen.

It has a Pindle Hitch "or" we can switch the Kat Kitchen hitch to clavis (thanks to Steve Nolan) and I can pull the Ottter.

Let's Get-R-Done

PS: Thanks to all who helped on the Iron Dog trail, appreciate it more than I can say.

jasjew

#15 Post by jasjew »

The girls are looking forward to tending the fire and the kitchen, with help from the wife. We will bring chips and a special treat for after we get finish eating the 600 hot dogs left over from the last trip. We will also bring coffee!!
Last edited by jasjew on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.