Feb 9th, Tanana Flats

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

larry morris

Re: Feb 9th, Tanana Flats

#16 Post by larry morris »

I have some of the victuals already. Can I get a count of who may be showing up? I have never run out of food but, don't want this to be the first time.

dragonman

#17 Post by dragonman »

:sledwave: Josh and I plan on coming
if the weather is not too cold, too hot, too much flat light, too much sun,
Ha :joke:
Do you need us to help with food or ????
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

Opie

#18 Post by Opie »

Paul, any estimate on the return time? My son got his Eagle Scout this year and there is a dinner at 6pm for all Fairbanks Eagle Scouts. I really want to go on this ride but I obviously can't miss the dinner. Just give me your best estimate on the return time, or maybe I'll bring my GPS and return on my own if things run long.

Thanks,

James

paulneva

#19 Post by paulneva »

James,

We have always been back by 1600 (4pm). We have been back as early as 1500 (3 pm).

Larry,

This ride got into the News-Miner Outdoor Calendar today. I do not know if that will give us an extra turnout or not. It did not for January's Flats ride.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

jasjew

#20 Post by jasjew »

Just want to make sure that I'm heading to the right spot tomorrow. I did a liitle recon for the landing, I think. It is the landing that is right off Chen Pump Road on the left? I saw signs that said "scenic views" and is right on the river. As of right now, My wife and i will be there with two sleds. Seeing that are having some dogs, we will bring some chips to go along. Thanks for all the help.

Jason

paulneva

#21 Post by paulneva »

The park/landing/boat launch is on the left just before Chena Pump Road starts up the hill. It has a large parking area about ten yards off Chena Pump Road.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

txcanyon

#22 Post by txcanyon »

I'll do my best to make this. My sled has a 12+ gallon fuel tank. I should be OK with a full tank right? Being a trail sled its got a relatively short track and I don't know if my little 1gal gas can will strap to it.

I drive a silver GMC canyon and if you see one with an orange sled in the back that looks lost, it's probably me. :oops:

Edit: Ok sled is loaded, Ive gotta pick up some injection oil on the way so I'll be at Nothern when they open at 9. Hopefully they are open a little early and I can get there asap. For those that see this post before leaving in the morning. Is there a ramp there at the park?

paulneva

#23 Post by paulneva »

Twelve gallons will be more than enough. It will be about a 50 mile ride.

There are places where people unload from pick-ups.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

larry morris

#24 Post by larry morris »

Now, was that a ride or not? We had 19 total two sleds had 2 up. One of the young ladies is ready to drive. Great snow, one of the best ever for me. Had a wonderful time talking and eating after. I will have the write-up later. I am going riding on Chena lakes tomorrow so write-up may be after that.

dragonman

#25 Post by dragonman »

:groupwave: That was a 5 star trip today, The weather and group was great !!!
Thankyou Larry for taking us in your play grounds
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

txcanyon

#26 Post by txcanyon »

Had a great time as well. Thanks those who helped get me unstuck. Looking forward to the next ride. I really need to get a trailer. Anybody know where one could be bought at a reasonable price?

-John

jasjew

#27 Post by jasjew »

For sales try the facebook page Fort Wainwright Sales, I have seen a few on there. "thumbright:

jasjew

#28 Post by jasjew »

Thanks everyone for a great ride!! Being a new rider (by the way this is Jewell) I was very comfortable riding with you all today. The girls loved it and I even think my miss girly girl wants to go again!! :sled: :singing:

~Jewell