Saturday to the White Mtns

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Saturday to the White Mtns

#1 Post by john »

Well since I'm home bound this weekend :D I thought a trip to the White Mountains was in order, so if your also howm this weekend, lets go to Chantanika Lodge Saturday morning for breakfast and trip into the White Mtns.

Be at Chatinika Lodge at 9:00 AM to eat and head out by :arrow: 10:00 am for trails....

john
Administrator
Administrator

An excellent Trip

#2 Post by john »

Well I'm sure most of you had a great Thanksgiving and headed out of town for some sunshine and fresh powder in Valdez, Cantwell or McClaren. However, for those of us stuck in town, I highly suggest you head for the White Mountains.

We went to Chatinika Lodge and had a great breakfast (thank you Shirley), then drove another 11 miles north up the Steese Hwy to mi 41 and unloaded. There were other cars in the parkling lot, but where the owners were I have no idea. It looked like no one and mean no one had been there since the first snow fall three weeks ago. The trail was rough and fluffy... Almost lost it (this your lost leader speaking) on the mountian tops from the snow blow'n drifts.

We made it back 20 miles in to Cache Mountain Cabin and took a small lunch break, had we known it would be about as far as we'd get we would of had a longer lunch :D .

Left the cabin with the intent of heading to the summit, :wink: :wink:, we got about 300 yards and stopped. Not on purpose, we just didn't have a machine that could break the trail. I tried and fell into powder up to my belly button, which makes it about four feet :shock:

So any of you hot rods with a 600 or 700 and 2" paddles, have I got a place for you to go.

PS: if you do break the trail, let us "less than thou" sled riders know about it. I'd love to get to those "powder bowls" back on top of Cache Mountain.....