Monday, Dec 24th Ride

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monday, Dec 24th Ride

#16 Post by john »

Chuck, Ooops, correct, I did mean Cleary at 2 above.

Those who did not show up at Cleary missed one heck of a great ride. 2 Above when we left, 7 above when we got back.

Rode the Fairbanks - Circle trail toward Chatanika Lodge to try and meet WesJ and wife who were riding from Chatanika, broke trail about 80% of the way before we turned around.

Sorry we missed ya Wes.

Then we rode the Alpha C trail to Fish Creek, again breaking trail, great powder and warm, at least until the last 2 miles or so close to Fish Creek.

cleary

#17 Post by cleary »

john wrote:Chuck, Ooops, correct, I did mean Cleary at 2 above.

Those who did not show up at Cleary missed one heck of a great ride. 2 Above when we left, 7 above when we got back.

Rode the Fairbanks - Circle trail toward Chatanika Lodge to try and meet WesJ and wife who were riding from Chatanika, broke trail about 80% of the way before we turned around.

Sorry we missed ya Wes.

Then we rode the Alpha C trail to Fish Creek, again breaking trail, great powder and warm, at least until the last 2 miles or so close to Fish Creek.
Did you go all the way to Fish Creek? If so is it glaciered enough to cross?

Chuck

mit

#18 Post by mit »

Didn't check the board when I got up Larry. We wondered where you where. I was late. Got there at about 10:30. Good ride! Now I'm going to ride to the cabin for Christmas. :sledwave:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

wesj

#19 Post by wesj »

yes .... it is in dire need of brushing ..... and I am in dire need of track .... also need to show someone about a throttle hahahahah

mit

#20 Post by mit »

John: It was 35.9 miles on the odometer after I had my glasses on! :shockedeye: I posted the 3 pics I took on the Facebook page if you want to use them for the News letter. Going to try to go to the cabin in the AM.
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

dragonman

#21 Post by dragonman »

:sympathy: Told you to buy a chevy.
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

john
Administrator
Administrator

#22 Post by john »

Chuck, yup, made it to Fish Creek and it was :brrr: Didn't stay long but it is froze all the way to the top, easy crossing to HillBilly Hwy.

And thanks for grooming from Alpha C to Cleary, was kind of nice to have a groomed trail that last bit.

We did make it over the top and through the gravel pit to the old trail and connected to the Alpha C, not sure the groomer could make it out of the lower end of the gravel pit, bit would be an easy run with the groomer to the end of it.

cleary

#23 Post by cleary »

Hey John,

Yeh, I ran the groomer down to the gate on the Fish Creek Road and walked up into the pit. I think about 5 minutes with a pick on one frozen mud clump I could run the groomer through there. How far did you go back toward the Lodge looking Wesj? What shape is it in. I'm thinking about running the groomer to the Lodge today.

Chuck

wesj

#24 Post by wesj »

would suggest taking a pair of pruners and a small chainsaw ... and if ya need help or wish it I have no problem comming out today either

john
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Post by john »

cleary wrote:Hey John,

Yeh, I ran the groomer down to the gate on the Fish Creek Road and walked up into the pit. I think about 5 minutes with a pick on one frozen mud clump I could run the groomer through there. How far did you go back toward the Lodge looking Wesj? What shape is it in. I'm thinking about running the groomer to the Lodge today.

Chuck
Photos upload to the Gallery.

We made it to the sharp turn just above the little bridge where the trail levels out and runs into Old F.E. Camp, then turned around.

It was good riding all the way from Fairbanks Creek Road, a few wind drifts, but nothing that didn't smooth out as soon as we rode over it. The groomer would smooth it out and fill in some of the ruts.

The picking would help, that frozen mud clump was what I figured would cause the groomer trouble, but if you picked that out it'd be a good run all the way.

On the Alpha C, they've run a blade down it and block the old section of trail almost at the bottom, an easy and obvious by-passe that now goes off the road and straight towards the low lands by Fish Creek.