Trek Over The Top---Tok To Dawson

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

cleary

Trek Over The Top---Tok To Dawson

#1 Post by cleary »

I see that registration for the ride is open.

Check it out here: http://www.trekoverthetop.com/

We've done it several times and it is a blast. You can check out our last Trek, 2011, here:

http://www.clearysummit.com/Trek/Tok%20Dawson.htm

Chuck

drohwer

Re: Trek Over The Top---Tok To Dawson

#2 Post by drohwer »

Anyone in the club going on the trek this year?
I just signed up for Mar 7-10 run, never done it before but sounds like fun.
Hope the weather cooperates, I'm not so keen on -30 or colder.
Any experiences to share would help.
David Rohwer

billy6384

#3 Post by billy6384 »

I'm going for my first time this year, but on the 28 Feb-3 March trip. I know lots of folks from the club that have been already. I'm really looking forward to it!
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled

Darrell

#4 Post by Darrell »

Anyone remember ever seeing it open this late?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

billy6384

#5 Post by billy6384 »

Trek ride report:

This was the first Trek over the Top for Melissa and I, and was a beautiful and amazing trip! No break downs and temps were very comfortable! Couple chilly spots in the valley around Chicken, maybe -20 for a few streches but nothing to complain about. As soon we got into some elevation the temps were very comfy, zero or warmer. Met up with Stoney and his friend Al on the trail about half way to Dawson City. Melissa and I spooked up a heard of 50 or 60 caribou just past the border. They were running with us on the highway, almost like being in the heard!
The rest of the trip was gorgeous, sunny both there and back. Dawson is a very beautiful city, a restored old gold rush town. Temps were warm in Dawson, 15 to 20 above! We hung out with Stoney and Al a fair amount in town, and enjoyed the night life and shows. Stoney showed us around on some rides up to Midnight dome, and Bonanza creek out to the dredge. Some great sites around Dawson City! The poker run on Saturday was a blast too! I got 3 of a kind aces on one hand, but couldn't compete with other peoples four of a kinds.
There was 64 people total on the Trek, pretty low numbers I guess. Next weekends run has 120 people signed up, so if you wanna go get on it! Next year is only suppose to be one run, due to the lack of people signing up. We had a gorgeous ride back on Sunday, took us about 5 hours. We were able to cruise along pretty good thanks to the Tok Trail Blazers, and Dawson City Sled Dawgs grooming on both sides of the border! I highly recommend this trip for anyone up for a nice long ride, beautiful scenery, and some fun night life with the friendly people of Dawson city! Nick
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled