paxson ride

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Alaskan Polar Bear

paxson ride

#1 Post by Alaskan Polar Bear »

I will be leading a ride at summit sat 21 and sun 22, for a group of 6 guys just back from the sandbox, so not technically a club ride, but hey its not like i follow rules anyway....MY plan is to leave my place in North Pole at@ 6am . if you want to go that would be great...... :3stoges:
I went to A/man and had a blast. we did a sunday ride and found areas nobody had touched, and plan on going back, its behind the launch point, boobies?
I also drove up to the white mountains tuesday and the park rangers were grooming the trail again and it looks like another weekend would be great ,.... a second one would be pushing it,
No track and engine? what's the point?
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 159
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 151
2003 Polaris 550 super sport 121
2002 Polaris 700 RMK 144
1998 Polaris XLT Special 600 121
1976 Polaris TXL 340 Liquid
1972 / 74 Skiroule 300 RTX
and a few more

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: paxson ride

#2 Post by john »

Tony,

How was the ride.

Also need updated email addy for you. Folks sent you emails on the ride, to the one listed, but it says it's no longer valid.

Alaskan Polar Bear

#3 Post by Alaskan Polar Bear »

I think i updated the address for all. sorry about that,
the Saturday ride was mmmm fun.... the group of us 6 left the paxson lodge a bit late @ 10ish,,
the trail at the end of the runway was already SOFT. the 3 shovels got a work out,
when the machines stopped, the Looong tracks stayed on top of the snow and the noses ..well nosed in...
pull on the ski's and off we would go, the pipeline was slush,,,wet cement. poo ...you just cant say enough bad word to describe it.. mashed potatoes,,? we made it to A/man site and slogged thru the warm mess there,, up toward the finish line and what a change,! all good now! nice, firm, little 4inch cover, up and over to the first aid portion and bamm solid white out, ! we waited 10 min and it started to clear,,, down the race track and everything is great, the pick up point is solid ! we tool around playing and run up the race track to the bottom of the tit and bammm white out again,,, we wait 10 min and the tit is clear and I laid tracks, once on the tit everything was open and clear ... except for that little cloud just below us,,, we played in the plateaus behind the launch point until the 3rd can of spare gas went in the carb'd arctic cat and polaris sleds then back we headed, it was a slog fest most of the way back. we dropped into a valley thinking short cut,,,wrong,,, for the most part it was a ride with your tail 10 inches down thru the valley and following the pipeline. we made the turn to head toward paxson lodge and all of us got stuck at least once and one poor guy 6 or 7 times... the trip from the pipeline turn to the lodge was a 2hr trip. we arrived back at 9.30pm...
then sunday,,,
we trailer'd to the A/man site to unload, and broke a hyme joint while making an adjustment, as it was one of the guys that had just come back from the sand box . I gave up my sled, so he could ride, Son Mike led them back to the snow behind the tit again and 4 hrs later they returned worn out and all smiles. great times, lots "O sun and end of the snow for this year......I think.
No track and engine? what's the point?
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 159
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 151
2003 Polaris 550 super sport 121
2002 Polaris 700 RMK 144
1998 Polaris XLT Special 600 121
1976 Polaris TXL 340 Liquid
1972 / 74 Skiroule 300 RTX
and a few more

Charlieb

#4 Post by Charlieb »