Saturday, March 31st

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

cleary

Re: Saturday, March 31st

#16 Post by cleary »

John, Tony,

How did the ride go? Apparently the miners plowed the Fairbanks Creek Road down to the dirt full width.

Chuck

john
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Post by john »

Chuck,

Didn't check my email before we left, but I'll use the track log.

Ride was a great, weather was warm, almost to warm, everyone was unzipping coats on the return trip.

The road by Iowa Dome was plowed :<( and we had to run gravel for 2 miles, same with Fairbanks Creek road at the Fairbanks/Circle trail junction, no side trail there to ride on.

We took Margaret's trail down to the lodge and that was in excellent shape. Decided to take the Utility trail back from Fairbanks Creek and had to break trail from the old cabin, across Bear Creek and onto the Alpha-C.

Pictures coming.

Alaskan Polar Bear

#18 Post by Alaskan Polar Bear »

Hello all, Sat's trip from 10mile to Chat was a blast. For once I was on time and the ride started just a bit after 10 as promised, the 6 of us dove into the woods at the nordale ramp and hooked up with the winter trail which was smoooth!
across CHRS and on to adventure road and into the TREELESS woods,, someone was busy and has clear cut a huge swath of land. the trail was easy to find as it seems a dog race was recently run on it, we picked up another rider at this point,, The mine has plowed some areas and we had to run the road about 2 miles., back onto our trails and off we went, Instead of taking the plowed Fairbanks Creek trail, we ran across the Steese and over to Margretts trail, the snow storm made the trail fun, after a bit of powerline and Davidson ditch running we were in the Tailing piles across from the Chat lodge, Some ran the groomed trail, while I led 3 over to the Dredge pond for pictures and then a shot up the hill and info the lodge for lunch, good food as expected. the trip back took us up the Chat trail toward the plowed Fairbanks trail ,,,uh john what are you thinking? just a 1/4 mile after we hit the plowed Fairbanks creek trail, john makes a left and off the plowed road we go WOO HOO. down and around and thur the woods we go,, a bit of powder, ice and steep, made for fun.. and it was great! we took a short cut and missed all the plowed areas and life was good,. At the mine road the we crossed earlier I buggered the berm and flipped my XLT. not really a big deal until the gas cap came off, WOW, that was new, A big thanks to the guys for get'n that heavy sled upright and safe, the rest of the trip was fast (well 40mph) and uneventful. most of the guys went back to Nordale rd on the winter tail while Stoney and I went on to the river and on to Peedee rd, the river run was great with lots of other people out and about, No water, overflow or holes to worry about, all total 93.7 miles. I wish I had taken my 700 rmk so that I could have played in the snow that we found but who would have guessed, the temps were warm, the people great, the food great and even my flip was spectacular! and where were you ....?
Tony
No track and engine? what's the point?
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 159
2006 Polaris 755 RMK 151
2003 Polaris 550 super sport 121
2002 Polaris 700 RMK 144
1998 Polaris XLT Special 600 121
1976 Polaris TXL 340 Liquid
1972 / 74 Skiroule 300 RTX
and a few more

Darrell

#19 Post by Darrell »

Great write up Tony. Its never to late to ride..
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.