Maclaren lodge, March 3rd, 4th

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

billy6384

Maclaren lodge, March 3rd, 4th

#1 Post by billy6384 »

Just curious if this ride was still happening? I work afternoons and I'm unable to make it to the meetings. I didn't get in on the original package deal with the club, but was able to get a reservation at the lodge. Just wondering how many other folks were going?!
:3stoges:
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Maclaren lodge, March 3rd, 4th

#2 Post by john »

Sorry no one is replying to your question.

Not sure who all was going or if the ride was canceled, it was suggested that it might be at the last meeting, but nothing definite that I'm aware of.

If you go, stop by the Paxson Lodge in the morning and see who shows up or just folks there who's riding into MacLaren. The ride in is pretty easy and I've heard its groomed all the way.

Let us know how it goes and get some pictures :<)

skelsey

#3 Post by skelsey »

Hey we are planning on going.There will be 4 of us. I just talked to Dave at the lodge and he said that he is waiting on a part to finish grooming the trail. He could not say how good the trail was from Paxson to the tangles. From the tangles in he said it was good and lots of fresh snow. What time we plan on leaving paxson?
I can be reached at 378-3158.

Steve and Karyn

hvhavel

#4 Post by hvhavel »

I'm a bit out of the loop cuz I was sick. Last I remember just Paul had signed up for the ride.

skelsey

#5 Post by skelsey »

I was out of town during the meetings on the slope and didnt get in with the club deal but talked to the lodge and they had plenty of room. Dave from the lodge said he is going to be at paxson between 9-10am. We are leaveing Fairbanks at 6am. There are 4 of us. 4 machines. Driving a black avalanche. :-)

Steve and Karyn

REVITUP

#6 Post by REVITUP »

Hey guys, the ride is still a go! Don't know where the confusion came from, there was never any talk of cancelling it, be it 2 or 20, the ride is still on. We plan on being at Paxson 9-9:30 ish barring any more avalanches on the Richardson Hwy. Just got off the phone with the lodge, there is a bunch of new snow. They are waiting on a part for the groomer, hoping it makes it in time to get the rest of the trail groomed, if not, we will just take it easy. I will be going easy, as is, due to throwing my back out last week and still being a little sore. For those that are staying in town, John is planning on doing a ride into the flats and doing some trail clearing. It should also be good riding in the Whites with this new snow. Be careful, have fun and take pictures to share!

billy6384

#7 Post by billy6384 »

Thanks John, they replyed back to me by message, looks like at least a small group of us will be going. Should be a fun time! Hope y'all have a great time out on the flats, i had a good time riding out there last time!

billy6384

#8 Post by billy6384 »

Well it looks like my girlfriend and I can't make it, the Firecat is still broke down at the shop. It was supposed to be done yesterday, but they cant figure out the issue. Either the brain or the wiring harness.

Summit800

#9 Post by Summit800 »

That bites, will take pictures