7 January ride

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

paulneva

7 January ride

#1 Post by paulneva »

"Events" is wrong. :oops: The 17 December Tanana Flats ride has been moved to 7 January.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 7 January ride

#2 Post by john »

I updated the web site list, but we'll have to get the updated rides list from the board folks.

paulneva

#3 Post by paulneva »

I did a recon of the trails in the Tanana Flats today. Conditions are very good for a nice "Family" ride on the 7th but there is not enough snow for anything but bush beating off the trails. Lets hope for more snow and no more chinooks between now and then.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

skelsey

#4 Post by skelsey »

Count us in. C u there :-)

skelsey

#5 Post by skelsey »

Ok so Ive looked and cant find it. what is the time 10am? I assume its at Chena Landing? Thanks.

Steve and Karyn

john
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by john »

Ride list says
Jan 7th : Tanana Flats, Leave Chena Pump Landing @ 10:00 AM
Watch the temps, cut off to cancel is -20 below or colder at the airport at 9:00AM

paulneva

#7 Post by paulneva »

For those of you who have not been on this ride before, here is the plan. The ride will depart from the boat landing/day park at the end of Chena Pump Road at 10:00 AM and should be back before 3:00 PM. It will be a nice, easy ride of about 50 miles, ideal for families and beginning riders. We will ride down the Tanana River for a few miles and then go into the Tanana Flats. The Tanana Flats is a real wilderness right outside of Fairbanks. There are no gas stations or lunch counters so riders are advised to have a full gas tank and bring their own lunch. If the temperature is colder than -20 at the airport at 9:00 AM the ride will be cancelled. :sled:

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

dragonman

#8 Post by dragonman »

Are non members ok with a member coming with them?
2015 Polaris Voyager 550 155" track
2014 Polaris 850 XP Touring eps ATV 28: Zilla tires
2014 Polaris RZR 570 26" Swamp Lites
2012 Polaris Pro RMK 800 163"
2012 Polaris 850 XP eps ATV 31" outlaw tires 2" lift

REVITUP

#9 Post by REVITUP »

Non-members are welcome to come along on one club ride. It's a good way to get new members! If the weather warms up, this should be a great ride.

paulneva

#10 Post by paulneva »

Just a reminder - this ride does go on Ft. Wainwright's training land. Ft. Wainwright's Recreation Area Permits are free and are issued at the front gate visitor's center. We will be riding in areas 202 and 203.

The last time I tried to check-in their system was down.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

paulneva

#11 Post by paulneva »

:brrr: It is 0830 and it is 24 below. I don't think there is any chance of it getting above 20 below by 0900. Today's ride is cancelled. I will try to reschedule it.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen

skelsey

#12 Post by skelsey »

Thanks Paul. If you head out to the flats drop me a line. I would like to ride the flats with you some more. I have been out to clear creek butte a few times since you showed the way a couple years ago. Im only Five minutes away from the Landing. Im showing 20 below at 11:30 and am thinking about heading out here for a short ride. Have not been out on the river yet this year and want to scout it out. skelsey@hotmail.com.
Thanks

Steve

skelsey

#13 Post by skelsey »

:brrr: We headed out for a couple Hrs to try out our new christmas cold weather gear. Flats are great with about 8-12in of fresh powder.
Little bit of overflow on the west side of river where you cut over to the slough by the cabin but its easily avoided. Had a great time even at a
solid -20 below.

Steve and karyn