Feb 13th - Sweatheart Run

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

john
Administrator
Administrator

Feb 13th - Sweatheart Run

#1 Post by john »

This coming Sunday is the Sweatheart Run and guess we'll be watching the temps. As it now stands, the official Ride Cancel of -20 below will be observed and it looks like it may be close.

Predictions are for

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows near 35 below.

Sunday
Mostly cloudy. Highs near 15 below.

So if it -20 below or colder at 8:30 AM (one hour before the scheduled ride) it will be canceled as a club ride. However, if its close I'll still show up and see who wants to go, if anyone.

Cross your fingers for a little warmth, say a balmy Zero.

Bsweum

Re: Feb 13th - Sweatheart Run

#2 Post by Bsweum »

How long of a ride time each way is this ride? And type of terrain? (hills, deep woods, open lakes)

ObiJuanAk

#3 Post by ObiJuanAk »

It is about a 50 mile ride each way. Time will depend on you speed, route, how many times you stop and whether you get lost and have to back track (it happens).
Terrain is river ice all the way, sometimes smooth, others pretty rough. It is a nice ride.

My sleds are still in the shop, so we might end up driving and meeting you guys over there. Don't forget to warn them a day or two in advance.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

ObiJuan pretty much hit the high points. We usually run in two groups, one fast riders and the other Paul riders :tounge: Time for the fast riders is an hour or so riding time but we do stop a lot. We always take our time on the way down to get to Nenana by Noon. If we leave at 9:30 as scheduled (never happens), we'll be at the Monderosa around 11:30. Most likely we'll be there between 12:00 and 1:00 for lunch.

Of course this does all depend on how many wrong turns one makes. You would think its easy, simply follow the river, but those darn sloughs always come to a dead end and someone has to back track... :oops:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

Looking at the temps for Sunday, this ride will be canceled unless we get a sudden warm front, which I doubt. :<(

paulneva

#6 Post by paulneva »

John,

For whatever it is worth, I think that's a good call. :brrr:

Paul
Paul S. Renschen