Dec 4 Ride @ Two Rivers

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

REVITUP

Dec 4 Ride @ Two Rivers

#1 Post by REVITUP »

Is anyone else interested in leading this ride? I am scheduled to lead but it doesn't look like we will be able to make the ride at all.

Jody

REVITUP

Re: Dec 4 Ride @ Two Rivers

#2 Post by REVITUP »

If no one is interested in leading this ride, maybe someone could lead a ride somewhere else. It would be a good idea to get it posted soon so people can make plans. We had a great ride last weekend on the Fairbanks Creek Lodge to Chatanika lodge ride, good snow there or maybe 42 mile Steese area. Both are easy trails and the snow is in good shape.

hvhavel

#3 Post by hvhavel »

Okay - I live down the road from there - but I've only ridden that area once - I usually snowmachine down to the state land and meander...

So if by lead, you mean aimlessly wander without getting (too) lost, I could. Let me know if this isn't good enough! Seriously.

HOWEVER, if I see no posts in reply to this one than I won't go down.

Thanks,

Heather

David

#4 Post by David »

Thanks Heather I have never ridden there either so I am sure it would be fun, if I can get mine started after this cold spell i will ride with you.
What time are you looking at and where to park?
Dave
YAMAHA RIDERS(4stroke)

hvhavel

#5 Post by hvhavel »

The ride starts at 10 a.m. (ish) and I recommend unloading sleds at the trail offload area near the Two River's school.

Donno if this will help - but key locations can be found here
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 3&t=h&z=16

Blars

#6 Post by Blars »

Thanks for the ride information, see you there.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

If I wasn't doing some trail work I'd go with you all, but I have a little brushing I need to get done tomorrow.

Heather, have you taken the trail from the school to Colorado Creek cabin ?

Its a good ride, just past the loading/unloading area (after the school), take a left on the road, take your first right and follow that to the end. Just before it ends you'll see a trail to your right that was the firebreak built a few years back.

Follow this all the way to the cabin. I forget how far it is, but its a fairly easy ride and some nice scenery when you pass the Compeau trail and hit the peaks.

If you want to do a loop, go past the cabin and take the "old" Colorado Creek Trail back out to the Winter Trail, hang a right and head back to the school. Might need to do some exploring after you past Valley Center to get to the school road again or ditch bang it from Valley Center to the school, it's only a few miles.

Enjoy.

hvhavel

#8 Post by hvhavel »

I did this trail about two years ago - was maybe my third snow machine ride =)

We'll give it a whirl - I have a GPS, so we should at least be able to get back to the vehicles....

Worst case, it is a bad ride 'cuz I can't lead for crap and ya'll won't let me do so again!

Heather

hvhavel

#9 Post by hvhavel »

Ride went fine - Trail was in beautiful shape! I think this may have been the best riding conditions ever.

Just Paul and Blars - which was perfect 'cuz I could keep track of them! =)

Ya'll missed a very nice ride.