Quest trail work 7 Jan. Anyone?

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

COS

Quest trail work 7 Jan. Anyone?

#1 Post by COS »

Looking for someone to run Mile 101 section of the Quest trail with me. I will leave Fairbanks around 7:00 A.M. I will pick you and your machine up. We will be brushing some sections, filling in some holes & dragging trail.

I was up there yesterday. Same amount of snow as Fairbanks. We ran from the top of Eagle Summit to the base of Rosebud (towards CHSP).

Always like to have that second guy for safety purposes.

P.M. if interested.
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

mit

quest trail

#2 Post by mit »

Well did anyone go? did you go again? Still don't have the bearcat done yet either :oops:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

COS

#3 Post by COS »

Yes, I went to camp today solo and did some repairs on the cabins. I didn’t take a snow machine. Cut a load of fire wood along the way. Eagle Summit was socked in. Winds were blowing around 40 MPH at Twelve Mile.

Saturday Alex from the Quest went with me. I rolled the wide track over twice and discovered a section of the trail had turned into a creek or it was always there but didn’t know it. I dropped through the ice into a 3 foot hole. I was all done in by the end of the day. (65 mile day)

Sunday Alex went up from CHSP solo and walk out for 4 hours to the truck. The Bearcat track locked up. We think its ice from the overflow we ran through on Saturday. He has my Siglin and some help recovering it today.

I want to go back this weekend for 2 days and drag the trail form the top of Rosebud to the top of Eagle Summit.

We need snow. Eagle Summit isn’t that bad but the Caribou has the trail along Birch creek deeply rutted.
[albumimg]888[/albumimg]
[albumimg]889[/albumimg]
[albumimg]890[/albumimg]
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

That hole looks more like a well, you digging for water or gold :)

Sat is the run into the flats, but I "might" be able to get out there Sun. If so, where would I be able to catch up to you. ?

What do you have for a trail groomer ?

COS

#5 Post by COS »

I would be at the mine camp, 102 mile Steese. It’s on the right 100 yards off the highway. Two white buildings and two plywood cabins mixed. There is a Yukon Quest banner on the side of one building.

I don’t have a groomer yet. I wanted to weld one up but would welcome the use of one to get more ideas on the design.

I’ve got 4 more weekends to get the trail ready. This coming weekend I wanted to flag the trail, cut brush & drag it. Looking to get a powered brush cutter from Alex.
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

mit

#6 Post by mit »

Ah... it's drill weekend! :wall: You can use my weed eater I have a blade for it somewhere. Probably where I put the extra jets for the Bearcat? :? Looks like there could be alot more snow up there :!: Nice pile of fire wood! Your going to have a side walk thru there brfore long, for those dog mushers :ban:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

COS wrote:I don’t have a groomer yet. I wanted to weld one up but would welcome the use of one to get more ideas on the design.
I have a drag groomer you could borrow for the week if it'd help, call me and lets try to get together on it and see if it'd work for you.

I have to work Sunday :(