Ride Suggestions

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Darrell

Run to Salcha River Lodge

#31 Post by Darrell »

With the up coming run next weekend 1/16 to Salcha Lodge, I run the route on QZI Explorer and come up 130 to 140 round trip (Gas at Lodge). We could cut some miles if we start at Northern Power instead of Compeaus. As we will be crossing the ice Bride on the end of south Cushman. Most of this run is across Army Land you may what to get a Army Receation permit which you can get from the provost marshal trailer at the front gate of Wainwright (no cost ). Myself I been logging in and out of Army land to show use. That is up to you. I hope to run the trail if it warms up this weekend to check trail and the crossing of the Tanana. This run will not be for beginers, and there may be some ditch banging (Road Ditch riding). More later. :shock:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#32 Post by john »

The next ride is the

January 15th: Chatinika Lodge to Wht Mtns via Haystack

The Salcha run is

January 22nd: Compeaus to Salcha via Blair Lakes

We have a ride leader who is getting the permits for us to ride across military lands.

Darrell

Salcha Run

#33 Post by Darrell »

Sorry John I wil not be able to get permits for individuals as it requires personal ID. I never been stopped and checked so its up to you all if you want to get one. Note just about all riding south of town is on Army land.

Darrell

Salcha Run 1/22/05

#34 Post by Darrell »

Sorry no can do. Rode in from Salcha Lodge this weekend and the trail is not broke out to Fairbanks.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#35 Post by john »

Sorry to hear that.. :(

We'll take a look at a ride change Wednesday night at the membership meeting. It is also suppose to be 15 to 25 below Saturday next, so it may be a mute point anyway.

I do have a question, if you rode in from Salcha, how did you go ?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#36 Post by john »

Ride Update:

February 19th: Mclaren Lodge run. Meet at Paxson
February 20th: Un-scheduled Local Ride - Chatanika Lodge Trails
March 5th: Snow Rondy 2005 (12-6 PM)
March 12th: Cantwell Run, meet at Backwoods Lodge
March 19th: Manley Run
March 26th: Monderosa Revisted
April 2nd: 57 Mile Elliott to Windy Gap (Wht Mtns)

April 6th - 10th: Arctic Man

bill

Feb 20 Ride

#37 Post by bill »

John,
Can I get information on the un-scheduled ride on Sunday February 20? Where to meet, what time, I would be interested in going.

Bill Bertram

john
Administrator
Administrator

#38 Post by john »

Meeting at Chatanika lodge at 10:00 AM for breakfast, hitting the trail at 11:00 AM.

See you there

Darrell

Wild Lake Run Apr 16 thru 19

#39 Post by Darrell »

While watching KJNP last night a guy was talking about the Don Nelson Memorial run leaving to Wild Lake via Bettles April 16-17-18-19. It will be a 75 mile run with other runs on the side. The run is going to Paradise Lodge on wild lake Call 479-5704 of fax 474-3000. Requires a donation to KJNP.