Ride on Sat Feb 28

Upcoming club rides. Who's got the skinny on the trip, when do we go, where do we meet ?

Moderator: john

Darrell

Ride on Sat Feb 28

#1 Post by Darrell »

:roll: Lets go for it! will lead if no one else has step up to the plate yet. Got a new trail or so to try :shock:

john
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Post by john »

Your on. We have one leader and / or sweep, but I know you know the trail :<)....

I was thinking we might also go back into Angle Creek Valley if folks are willing....

Darrell

#3 Post by Darrell »

I would also bet most people have not been up the east ( Middle on map) fork of the Chena that would be another place to check. Or loop around the state cabin site on way back or up? Stiles Cabin I think it is.
Leave C lakes, first stop Vally center, top off, rest room stop. :D

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Works for me. The wife is driving up in the late afternoon and were spending the night at Angle Creek, so I'm up for a longer trip :<)

Lets see what the others say, after everyone shows up

Rick Webb

Angel Creek ride

#5 Post by Rick Webb »

Meeting at Chena Lakes at 9:00 a.m. is mentioned but not when we leave. Or is that when we leave?

Rick Webb

Angel Creek ride

#6 Post by Rick Webb »

This is my first time on the site, so I didn't notice all the other messages; Angel Creek Lodge is a checkpoint for the Yukon Quest, so that trail might be of interest. It should be in good condition since I haven't been down the portion along the North Fork with my Landcruiser this winter. I've been on different sections of that trail from Angel Creek and up the North Fork ten or fifteen miles over the years, mostly in my Landcruiser, but not in the past two. Larry Voorhies traps the trail almost all the way to Eagle Summit, so it is usually in real good shape.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

I figure if we meet at 9:00 we should be riding by 9:30, giving everyone a half or so to get geared up.

Darrell

#8 Post by Darrell »

Hard to say I hope to be there a 830 or so to go by 900 but I bet we really leave 930.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Post by john »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: