possible machine recovery ride...

Hi to new users, let us know who you are and where ya ride.

Moderator: john

ccranor

possible machine recovery ride...

#1 Post by ccranor »

OK. I know a good many of you and have been a member for several years, just don't go to meetings...
Anyway I started to ride a couple of old tundras from Eagle back to Tok a few weeks ago (.. yeah, when it was brutally cold...) anyway the machine I fixed up to ride out threw a track near Chicken and I dropped both machines in Chicken. I need to go back and get them to town. One is already on a siglin sled, so I need another sled for the other machine, and some help to pull it out.... sounds like fun eh? I'll have my Bearcat for one sled. 2 weeks ago the road was in pretty good shape to Chicken, but a couple of pickups had churned their way up it. Park at 12 mile Taylor hwy, and ride the rest. Let me know if anyone wants to help. I'm thinking the last weekend in Feb would be a good time to do it.

Clay Cranor

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: possible machine recovery ride...

#2 Post by john »

Hey Clay,

Might be up for it, but the last weekend i n Feb is Iron Dog weekend. Maybe in March ?

Are they secured where their at.

ccranor

#3 Post by ccranor »

well... they are in the yard of a cabin owned by a guy in Eagle. otherwise st sitting there. one reason I want to get them as soon as I can.
cc

ccranor

#4 Post by ccranor »

well.... didn't make it out. will try again march 7. It just didn't look like a weather forecast to go riding off into the mountains.

Clay

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

That's Trek Over The Top Weekend, they'll be coming back on Sunday and I know a couple FST folks are going and would probable be willing to help.

Might post your phone # for them to call.

ccranor

#6 Post by ccranor »

good idea John, thanks. If anyone would like to help my cell phone is 460-9436. I have the sleds required to get the machines back. just looking for other folks to ride along.

Clay

ccranor

#7 Post by ccranor »

well.

Myles Thomas and I drove to Tok Saturday 7 March, and left for Chicken about 4:00 pm from the turnout at 12 mile Taylor Hwy. The weather for the ride was outstanding, clear and warm. We made it to Chicken, found my machines, and had them hitched up and back on the road in 2 hr. Got back to the truck in an hour and half, back at Fast Eddies by 8:30.

We spent the night in Tok, and drove back today, 8 March. All machines back at the barn. Thanks for the help Myles!

Clay

mit

#8 Post by mit »

good job Guys! :singing:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!