New to north pole

Hi to new users, let us know who you are and where ya ride.

Moderator: john

chance1214

New to north pole

#1 Post by chance1214 »

New to area been riding down in the lower 48 my whole life MN,WI,MI,etc.. haven't met really any riders up here yet. Looking for a good group of guys to ride with locally. I live off of badger Rd and have heard of trail heads I can ditch ride badger and hop on. Anyone live off of badger and ride from there houses? Also dose anyone know where I can pick up hard copys of local trail map? Hope to get to know some of you and get some good riding in! :sledwave:
01 Polaris XCSP 500

Badgersam

Re: New to north pole

#2 Post by Badgersam »

Come to Chena Lake parking area at 10 Sunday, first group ride of the season, led by Stoney. BLM has a white mountain map, but this is only my second year here so I do not know of any other maps.

Steve

cleary

#3 Post by cleary »

chance1214 wrote:New to area been riding down in the lower 48 my whole life MN,WI,MI,etc.. haven't met really any riders up here yet. Looking for a good group of guys to ride with locally. I live off of badger Rd and have heard of trail heads I can ditch ride badger and hop on. Anyone live off of badger and ride from there houses? Also dose anyone know where I can pick up hard copys of local trail map? Hope to get to know some of you and get some good riding in! :sledwave:
Check the Trails Database on the home page of this website. Don't know where you can get hard copies. You might try Beaver Sports or REI.

Chuck

chance1214

#4 Post by chance1214 »

Awesome I appreciate the info! Sunday as in the 7th, or 14?
01 Polaris XCSP 500

cleary

#5 Post by cleary »

chance1214 wrote:New to area been riding down in the lower 48 my whole life MN,WI,MI,etc.. haven't met really any riders up here yet. Looking for a good group of guys to ride with locally. I live off of badger Rd and have heard of trail heads I can ditch ride badger and hop on. Anyone live off of badger and ride from there houses? Also dose anyone know where I can pick up hard copys of local trail map? Hope to get to know some of you and get some good riding in! :sledwave:
Just thought of this, a good place to start: The Fairbanks Alaska Public Lands Information Center 101 Dunkel Street

http://www.alaskacenters.gov/fairbanks.cfm

Chuck