Hi everyone, total noob here

Hi to new users, let us know who you are and where ya ride.

Moderator: john

Luke

Hi everyone, total noob here

#1 Post by Luke »

Hi everyone. I'm totally new to this and thought I would introduce myself. This will be my 3rd winter in Fairbanks but my first with a snowmachine. I had done a little research on snowmachines but really didn't know what to get when a guy I was working with in Tok offered to sell me his 2004 ski doo MXZ 800. The price seemed right and he's a pretty trustworthy guy so I picked it up. I took it to Compeau's for a preseason tuneup and general inspection. It needed new intake boots and reeds so I did that myself, so I'm getting some firsthand experience in snowmachine repair I guess. Anyways, it's up and running great for now. My buddy was supposed to get his older Arctic Cat running but that hasn't happened so I'm all alone with my machine. I've only put about 5-10 miles on it so far, all near my house. I'd really like to get out and learn how to properly ride this thing, explore some trails around here and meet cool new people. This seems like a good place to start. Cheers!

Luke

billy6384

Re: Hi everyone, total noob here

#2 Post by billy6384 »

Hey, welcome to the club! For sure try to get out on some of the club rides. This up coming one to two rivers would be a great one to start out on. There's a lot of good people in the club and they have a lot of knowledge of the areas to ride around here and could give you good tips since you're a new rider. Hope to see ya out there!

Nick
2018 XF High Country 800 141"
2010 Crossfire 800 141"/Melissa's sled

paulneva

Re: Hi everyone, total noob here

#3 Post by paulneva »

Snow travelers is a good place for a newbee to start. Weather permitting, we ride every Saturday. Most of our rides are not too big, usually less than a dozen riders, but most of those riders will know where to go and how to help you when you get stuck. Hope to see you this winter.

Paul
Paul S. Renschen