New to pretty much everything you guys enjoy

Hi to new users, let us know who you are and where ya ride.

Moderator: john

efferit

New to pretty much everything you guys enjoy

#1 Post by efferit »

My name is Dan and my wife is Mel, we moved here from Alabama in October. We have acquired some snowmachines and are ready to learn a new pastime. 2003 RMK 800, 1995 mountain cat 580, 1992 Indy classic 500. We have ridden some, but we are not comfortable going very far away. Anyway hello to everyone and I hope to meet some of you soon.

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New to pretty much everything you guys enjoy

#2 Post by john »

Hello Dan and family.

Welcome to the Interior, your welcome to join us anytime you all feel like doing some riding or brush cutting :)

jasjew

#3 Post by jasjew »

Welcome Dan and Mel. Are you guys military? My wife just started to ride also. Come on out and join the club on some fun rides.

efferit

#4 Post by efferit »

Yes we are military. Mel is a Massage Therapist and I am in 6-17 Cav. We are hopping a few shorter rides come up soon. Baby sitters are not easy to come by here.

jasjew

#5 Post by jasjew »

Do you guys live on post? There are a bunch of trails on post that I can take you on for some small trips. We live over in the Siku Basin neighborhood.

txcanyon

#6 Post by txcanyon »

jasjew wrote:Do you guys live on post? There are a bunch of trails on post that I can take you on for some small trips. We live over in the Siku Basin neighborhood.
I need to get your contact information. I was out on Sunday Morning for an hour or so till my friend quit on me (not enough snow for him to fully enjoy snowmobiling).

To the OP:
I did find a spot out off Nordale Rd near Chena Hot Springs Road that is knee-waist deep that is good to learn on if you need a spot that is wide open acres upon acres of open land, and some trails (though it is used by dog teams sometimes so be careful). I would say it is a less than 15 minute drive from Badger Gate.

efferit

#7 Post by efferit »

I live just outside Badger gate across from Polar Ice. I have been on post a few times, but i think i need a good gps. There are alot of really short trails so i have only been as far as my memory can get me back from. Going to put a one inch track on the indy and then we could hook up and ride some. My RMK is set up for deep powder and is pretty hard to ride on the trails.

txcanyon

#8 Post by txcanyon »

efferit wrote:I live just outside Badger gate across from Polar Ice. I have been on post a few times, but i think i need a good gps. There are alot of really short trails so i have only been as far as my memory can get me back from. Going to put a one inch track on the indy and then we could hook up and ride some. My RMK is set up for deep powder and is pretty hard to ride on the trails.
I live over near badger gas. The RMK would be great at the spot I'm talking about. My friends and I are thinking about going to Summit Lake on the 15th (training holiday). It's definately worth the drive. Deep powder as far as the eye can see

jasjew

#9 Post by jasjew »

txcanyon wrote:
jasjew wrote:Do you guys live on post? There are a bunch of trails on post that I can take you on for some small trips. We live over in the Siku Basin neighborhood.
I need to get your contact information. I was out on Sunday Morning for an hour or so till my friend quit on me (not enough snow for him to fully enjoy snowmobiling).

To the OP:
I did find a spot out off Nordale Rd near Chena Hot Springs Road that is knee-waist deep that is good to learn on if you need a spot that is wide open acres upon acres of open land, and some trails (though it is used by dog teams sometimes so be careful). I would say it is a less than 15 minute drive from Badger Gate.

Any time just let me know when you want to ride... my (Jason's) cell is 717-713-3046.