SWM looking for powder

Hi to new users, let us know who you are and where ya ride.

Moderator: john

dirtyrice

SWM looking for powder

#1 Post by dirtyrice »

Hello snow travelers!

Ok, Im not single but I am looking for powder! :mrgreen:

Ok, seriously. Ive been looking at your forums since last Feb when I started becoming more serious about riding as a hobby. I used to only ride as a means of transportation for hunting/fishing, but after a few guys from work bought sleds last winter and got me to come out I got addicted really quick! I don't know a lot of people to go riding with and some of the people I knew have moved so I'm always on the lookout for people to enjoy the sport with. I'm probably going out tomorrow (saturday) for the season opener. With any luck the snow will be good.

Hope to see yall on the trails/hills soon.

Ken

john
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SWM looking for powder

#2 Post by john »

Welcome Ken,

You've come to the right to find some riding buddies or ideas where to ride.

FST has a ride scheduled every weekend through the season (check out the Events Clendar). Of course a lot of us ride when and where we can :)

Have you joined FST yet ? If not you should. Besides the newsletter, networking with riders and such, we have two rides this year that provide discounts to FST members. One is McLaren River Lodge and the other will be the trip to Beaver Point Lodge on Deadman Lake. Both are great rides with excellent discounts (save more than the cost of your membership) for lodging and meals.

dirtyrice

#3 Post by dirtyrice »

No I have not joined FST yet. Havent been out on a ride or been to a meeting or anything yet. But I would like to see about changing that. I should have gotten off my lazy can and gone to the last meeting but I haven't been motivated until now (the snow is finally here).

Is tomorrows ride open to people interested in joining also? Is an officer going to be present to accept dues and start a membership?

I looked at some of the pics that cleary posted and im stoked about heading north. I was planning on going in at davidson ditch, but I only know the steese area during the summer time. Ive never gone that way in the winter so I have no clue what the area is like for snow.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by john »

Now that your off the :couch: Look forward to seeing ya tomorrow.

We usually open the rides to wantabe members :angle: and I can accept your dues tomorrow during breakfast and get it those who need, just print and fill out the on-line app and bring a check.

Actually; tomorrow is an "Unofficial" ride.... It was an open ride day on the calendar so I offered to get lost, humm, I mean to lead a ride out of Chatanika... (With luck you find out why I'm called the lost leader).

I think everyone is stoked for riding, can't believe we had to wait this long for some ridable snow.