Yes new to snowmachine scene

Hi to new users, let us know who you are and where ya ride.

Moderator: john

user6244

Yes new to snowmachine scene

#1 Post by user6244 »

Yes,
I am new to all aspects of snowmachining despite having lived in Fairbanks area for little more than 18 years give or take a few.

Like everything else I get into I try to collect as much information as possible to get more enjoyment, and also hope to learn get tips that may bring or keep me and the misses from harm.

I came across this site and hope to get a chance to bend a few ears if possible to learn about things , such as must have items while traveling, where to travel, tricks of the trade and so on..

Now if the heavens would cooperate and start a snow storm at least we can start the adventure :)

Went out yesterday to Chena Lakes area Nov 7th, Lots of exposed earth but enough snow in spots to take a test run for both of us.

user6244

Re: Yes new to snowmachine scene

#2 Post by user6244 »

Guess I should also point out we purchased a 2009 bravo 250 last week added a backrest to the lugguage rack, grip&thumb heaters, etc, purchased helmets, clothing, muffpot etc , I can see already how expensive this hobby can get :)

We decided to gear up for the purpose of collecting Chaga in the winter off the birch trees. It is a fungus that is highly sought after in Korea.So we hope to learn to safely transverse rivers etc to get to them on the side I would like too also just check out the scenery and just for the riding experience.

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

Welcome to FST...

That Bravo will be a good trail sled and light enough to pick up when you get it stuck..

You should join us at the next club meeting, Northern Power Sports on Van Horn @ 7:00 PM.

Keep doing the Snow Dance as the rest of us are and maybe join us on a Family level club ride.

See ya on the trails (and the meeting I hope)

user6244

#4 Post by user6244 »

7pm on what day would this meeting be held on?

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

:oops: Good question....

Wednesday, Nov 18th

PS: Under Club Links (left side of window) you can click on the either the Newsletter or Rides and Events to see ride list and membership meeting locations and dates.

user6244

#6 Post by user6244 »

thanks still learning my way around the site :)