Hello

Hi to new users, let us know who you are and where ya ride.

Moderator: john

ObiJuanAk

Re: Hello

#16 Post by ObiJuanAk »

Nice ramp/deck! I'm thinking of doing the same on my Tacoma. I'd love to pick your brain on how you anchored it to the bed and how you tie the ramps to the rack when loading/unloading. :bow:

Plastic skis, in addition to being lighter as mentioned also have the advantage that snow will not stick to them (underneath) so the glide a lot better, saving you fuel and wear and tear to the sled (friction heats the ski, then a thin layer of water forms next to the ski and freezes with snow sticking to it). :sled:

alexofak

Re: Hello

#17 Post by alexofak »

the deck surrounds the wheel wells where it sits. This and the weight of the wood hold it down pretty well. When a sled is on I tie the sled to the bed keeping the whole unit tied down with the straps. to attach the ramp a galvanized pipe runs through holes in the deck and ramp. The galvanized pipe bent after loading/unloading the yamaha a couple of times. I need to find a solution to that. It might be as easy as upgrading to schedule 80. I will try and get some photos up tomorrow to give you a better Idea of the setup. It is very similar to the design I mentioned in the post with the photos(maybe it was a little subtle).