Scandic F550 weird.

Tune ups, maintenance, and general help on your sleds

Moderator: john

cleary

Scandic F550 weird.

#1 Post by cleary »

This happened when Marg and I rode to the Lodge last night. We ended up going home and I changed to my Summit. This machine has a transmission for going backwards.

My Scandic F550 started something really weird yesterday. I had ridden several miles and stopped. The engine started quitting and starting by itself. Looking at the clutches I realized it was going from turning forward to backward and forward again. Sitting idling it will run forward for about 2 seconds and then stop and run backward for 2 seconds and then forward over and over until I shut it off. I found I could get back home by giving it throttle as it was starting the forward part of the cycle and it would run just fine until I let it go back to an idle. For some time now this machine can't be shut off with the key or the kill switch until it has warmed up. I've been using the choke to shut it off until it warms up.

Any thoughts?

Chuck :dunno:

TheBearAk

Re: Scandic F550 weird.

#2 Post by TheBearAk »

What year?
1996 Skidoo Touring E 380
1995 Skidoo Summit 583

cleary

Re: Scandic F550 weird.

#3 Post by cleary »

TheBearAk wrote:What year?
Its an 06, I started it this morning and cold it ran fine. I put new plugs in it but haven't run it enough to get it fully warmed up.

Chuck