john
Administrator
Administrator

2010 Bearcat and M sleds

#1 Post by john »

mit

Re: 2010 Bearcat and M sleds

#2 Post by mit »

You are teasing me I have been wanting a new Bearcat since last year! :devilsmile:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

john
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by john »

What are you riding now ?

mit

#4 Post by mit »

1996 440 Bearcat 156.......... :couch:
Tim Berg
The Snowmachine Registration, needs to be Repealed!

john
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by john »

I'll bet upgrading to a new one would sure make for a more "comfy" ride :)

dirtyrice

#6 Post by dirtyrice »

Well after a couple rides in the powder on the Yamaha I decided its time to go 2 stroke 800.

I got a good deal on a used 2010 M8 Limited. Only had 230 miles on it.

During the trips to summit I got to ride a 2009 Dragon 800, a 2009 Summit 800 and a 2010 M8 before I decided.

In my opinion the M chassis is the best *beep* chassis on the planet. This sled amazes me every single time I grab the throttle. It carves effortlessly, does 180s in powder without missing a beat and it seems like all I have to do is think about turning and it goes exactly where I want it. In an all out hillclimb I think a Summit 154 would probably take me, but the hillclimb is not my cup of tea. I like powder carving, technical riding in the trees and sidehilling and that is where this chassis shines.

You couldn't pay me to ride anything but a cat!

GO CAT!!!

-Ken

john
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Post by john »

Great, another CatMan... :sled:

Got to ride it at Cantwell and Summit soon. You got the 153, could always do what Dean did and stretch to it 163 then take it against that 154...

dirtyrice

#8 Post by dirtyrice »

john wrote:Great, another CatMan... :sled:

Got to ride it at Cantwell and Summit soon. You got the 153, could always do what Dean did and stretch to it 163 then take it against that 154...

I've had it at summit 2 times already. The pic I posted on best riding areas is me riding it at Summit. Cantwell this Saturday.

Nah, I have no intentions of stretching it. I want the turning ability of the 153. Like I said, big climbs aren't as much fun for me as being agile and its got enough floatation for me as it is.

The list of mods are: came with MBRP can and frogskinz upper vent covers then I put on a Clutch side A arm vent panel, BDX anti stab kit and removed the mid bogies.

I plan on putting ice scratchers on and thats about it.

COS

#9 Post by COS »

Its O.M. O. the 2010 570 XT bearcat is way under powered for deep snow. The 2011 have a 3” pitch track that will improve rolling resistance & staying on top. We’ll see. Already looking at the 4-stroke model.

D.rice, not surprised your dumping the Nytro Mx. They don’t handle well in the front end. Yamaha has fallen behind in their performance. I also am looking at the M series.
COS
Work hard/Play hard
09 570 Bearcat
03 Viper Mnt.
2010 Bearcat XTZ

dirtyrice

#10 Post by dirtyrice »

Actually its not the handling of the sled that puts me off at all. It actually handles very well in my hands and I can ride that thing fast and hard on trails and throw it around in the powder just fine, but when it comes to the really deep powder and the super steep hills that are almost vertical you can't beat an 800. Honestly, if I made a lot more money I would just run a supercharger on the Nytro and be done with it, but being in the military and knowing I will have to move in a few years I just can't dump that kind of money into a sled.

From what I hear the 2010 Nytro can keep up with a 700 so they are making headway, but I think it will be the next chassis before they can compete with the big 2 strokes.

Until then, you will find me on an M8 :)

-Ken