ARRA--Please read the ARRA newsletter

We all hate it, but its forced upon us. Any local political issues we should know about ??

Moderator: john

REVITUP

ARRA--Please read the ARRA newsletter

#1 Post by REVITUP »

Department of Interior Document Highlights Threat to Access

A leaked Department of Interior (DOI) memo makes it clear that President Obama is considering restricting access to public lands by declaring as many as 17 areas in 11 western states as National Monuments. National Monument designations can be made by the President without input from Congress or other stakeholders. The DOI document says the areas “may be good candidates for National Monuments under the Antiquities Act…” States that have areas highlighted in the memo include, AK, AZ, CA, CO, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA and WY. Click here to view the memo.

As outlined in a letter from Representatives Doc Hastings (R-WA), Ranking Member, House Committee on Natural Resources and Rob Bishop (R-UT), Ranking Member, House Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands, sweeping National Monument designations represent a serious threat to recreation including motorized access. Any OHV use would almost certainly be forever banned in areas designated as National Monuments, and riders would have no opportunity to formally weigh in on the process

Summit800

Re: ARRA--Please read the ARRA newsletter

#2 Post by Summit800 »

Here is a link to the Dept of the Interior Memo:

http://www.arra-access.com/site/R?i=ylR ... 7oIoheet7Q..

Here is the link to the response letter from the Representatives:
http://www.arra-access.com/site/R?i=PDY ... wCOZDPVUlQ

This is important stuff! If they accomplish this, there is no telling what they will lock up next!

Does anybody remember a guy named Udall ?

DrMartiniX

Re: ARRA--Please read the ARRA newsletter

#3 Post by DrMartiniX »

:shot:
I think my signature says it all!
Mr. President,
I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, MONEY AND FREEDOM... YOU KEEP THE CHANGE