Snotrac grants are available

We all hate it, but its forced upon us. Any local political issues we should know about ??

Moderator: john

Dean Allen

Snotrac grants are available

#1 Post by Dean Allen »

Greetings everyone,
Snotrac grants are now available for those that wish to apply for them. Applications can be obtained at the DNR office which is located near BLM across Airport Way from Fred Meyers. SnowTravelers will NOT be applying for any this year. The grants require the applicant to "front" the money and then submit for reimbursement. This is difficult for a small non-profit group like SnowTravelers as it affects cash flow. We have had difficulty dealing with the ever moving reporting requirements from DNR which compounds the problem. It's a real shame because it hurts projects that could have real benefits to our chosen sport and it makes utilization of the registration funds very difficult. If they are not used I believe they go into the general fund. Please take a look at the DNR/Snotrac poll on this site, it addresses the DNR issue some.
Good luck to those that decide to apply for a grant. Keep us posted on what your project is and how its progressing. There may be a ready and willing work force in out there that a project can tap into in the audience.
Dean Allen

bearqst

#2 Post by bearqst »

I have a copy of the grant application and instructions for anyone who wants it. I have them in electronic format as a .zip file, so I could email it to you.

As for me, there is no way I'd ever apply to DNR for another grant or be involved in one. The idea was great and some of the original "promises" that were made when FST and others supported them (DNR) in getting the funds have fallen to the wayside and DNR "just don't care".

I was the first presiding officer of SnoTrac and remember that even then I had to put my foot down, as it were, to keep DNR from taking advantage of the snowmobilers monies. Now FST is out over $4,000.00 and DNR could care less. We had lots of communicatons on the reporting for our safety grant and I finally received a letter saying that if I gave them the info on one last item, the participation of the NLSC, we'd get paid. I submitted the info and instead of getting a check, received a new list (the 4th) with over a dozen new and repeated questions.

I don't mind answering their questions and modifying the report, but how many time should they be able to change their minds as to what they want and make us suffer for it......

Just my $0.02 :x